Sr Cyber Security Metrics Analyst
The Security Operations Center (SOC) Sr. Metrics Analyst will work directly with the SOC Metrics Team Lead and the customer to ensure that effective, measurable Cyber metrics are collected, analyzed, and presented on both and ad hoc and continual basis using the existing infrastructure. The candidate will be responsible for implementing SOC metrics program to ensure the metrics collected are impactful, and assist in driving sound management decisions. The candidate must have a strong background as a Sr. Cybersecurity Analyst supporting 24X7 operations with experience in data security technologies, incident response, forensics, and digital media analysis and process improvement. The candidate should be familiar the Cyber Kill Chain methodology and how to correctly measure its effectiveness.
- Propose SOC metrics for government approval
- Develop a set of SOC metrics that indicate ESOC and Enterprise SOC staff awareness of the Kill Chain methodology
- Develop Implementation Metrics that demonstrate enterprise SOCs are actively using Kill Chain methodology
- Develop effectiveness and efficiency SOC metrics
- Develop Impact Metrics demonstrating the maturity of enterprise SOCs
- Develop a metrics scorecard to display the level of effectiveness of enterprise SOCs
- Build dashboards using the ESOC infrastructure to support on-demand metrics representation
The candidate must currently possess or be able to obtain a DHS EOD and be eligible for Top Secret/SCI. Familiar with the management, operational, and technical aspects of IT Security in a complex enterprise environment. Experience operating at a Sr. Analyst in a 24x7 security operations center (SOC) in the areas of Digital Media Analysis, Forensics, Incident Response, or malware reverse engineering.
BS in IT related field or higher and 5+ years’ experience in Digital Media Analysis, Forensics, Incident Response, malware reverse engineering, or cyber intelligence. 7 years of Digital Media Analysis, Forensics, Incident Response, malware reverse engineering, or cyber intelligence experience qualifies in place of degree.
Sr. Level security certification is required, e.g. CISSP, GCIH
- Familiarity Splunk and its dashboard capabilities
- Familiarity with Cyber Kill Chain methodology
- Experience as a SOC Sr. Manager
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.