The Veterans Health Operation of Leidos is seeking a Program Manager in Janesville, WI. The Program Manager will manage, and oversee, an existing end-to-end document processing, scanning, indexing, shipping, and storage project for the our federal government customer. The ideal candidate will be experienced in managing operations, scanning and logistics, and will be committed to promoting innovative solutions, while motivating the staff and subcontractors to meet and exceed customer expectations. Travel up to 25% may be required.
- Oversee operations of the contract to achieve on-time delivery of services according to service-level agreements.
- Manage and coordinate project deliverables in order to ensure contract requirements are completed, and delivered, as required.
- Responsible for ensuring the overall project plan, budget, structure, schedule, and staffing requirements are fulfilled and maintained throughout the life of the project.
- Responsible for managing a team of internal employees and subcontractors, and ensuring all team members, partners, and vendors comply with acceptable levels of transparency, timeliness, and commitment to quality.
- Manage and resolve risks and issues throughout the project lifecycle.
- Develop positive relationships with the customer, subcontractors, employees and other project stakeholders.
- Review and approve monthly invoices from subcontractors as well as validate customer invoices.
- Managing all operational aspects of the project, from initial setup, through execution and closeout.
- Maintain compliance with corporate, customer, and industry standards and best practices. Plans and coordinates all aspects of non-technical projects from initiation through delivery.
- Manages project initiation activities including identifying contractual obligations, and client or business needs and goals
- Ensures requirements for internal projects align to operational standards.
- Identifies needed resources for projects, defines and assigns major project roles.
- Coordinates activities and tasks among project team members, other internal departments and client or vendor/subcontractor organizations as needed to meet project goals and ensure project completion is on schedule, within budget constraints, and of the appropriate quality standards for the project scope.
- Assigns and monitors work of project team, providing analytical support and direction.
- Manages project risks, issues/problems and activity progress to ensure project goals, e.g., deadline, scope and quality are achieved. Assists with problem resolution or risk mitigation as needed.
- Manage vendor/subcontractor tasks and track and review vendor/subcontractor deliverables.
- Serves as liaison between internal organizations as well as in client and vendor/subcontractor organizations to ensure all project targets and requirements are met.
- Conducts project closure activities to formalize and communicate the project acceptance, handover documentation and ongoing activities to accountable teams and complete a post-implementation review to identify areas of improvement.
- Identifies project management coordination gaps or areas for improvement and recommends and implements solutions.
- Experience with diverse projects in multiple locations.
- Well versed in the operations lifecycle, strategic information planning, business process engineering, must have experience managing cost, schedule, and performance.
- Experience in managing contracts or operations valued at $30M+ annually.
- Experience managing large scale operations.
- Ability to protect Personally Identifiable Information (PII).
- Adaptable and innovative, with focus on motivating staff to exceed customer expectations US Citizen or US Person with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance is required.
- Knowledge of the industry project management best practices, i.e., Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analysis, problem-solving, team, conflict management and time management skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with executive level clients
- Six Sigma experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience managing government projects.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Experience in managing multiple vendors and subcontractors.
- Experience in managing projects with 500+ employees.
- Advanced skill in the use of MS Project and MS Office products.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.