Leidos currently has an opening for a Software Simulation Engineer to work in our Orlando, FL office.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Candidate must be capable of software development within a team oriented environment. Successful candidate will perform software development activity in support of a US Army simulation training application supporting new development, bug fixes and fielding. Candidate will develop new capabilities for the application including web based interfaces, and support the integration with the larger software development team. A successful candidate will be expected to support both in plant testing as well as exercises on an occasional basis in the field. This is a hands-on development position and a successful candidate will be expected to follow a structured software development process.
External Referral Eligible
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below
· A Bachelor’s degree in related field and at least 3 years of software development experience in simulation modeling and distributed systems.
· Demonstrated familiarity with software development life-cycle products developed during requirements analysis, design, implementation, and testing phases.
· Demonstrated ability to creatively troubleshoot and solve software problems, and analyze performance problems.
· The candidates must be willing to travel.
· Candidate must have a minimum Secret Clearance or be able to obtain a Secret clearance.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
· Experience with ClearCase/ClearQuest and JIRA.
· Understanding or experience with Army domain modeling.
· Experience with the Joint Land Component Constructive Training Capability (JLCCTC)Previous work in an Agile development environment.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.