Are you ready to take that next step in your career? Come join a dynamic and exciting team at Leidos who is looking for a Senior Compensation Analyst at the Corporate level who will perform a full scope of activities associated with the development and administration of compensation programs along with consultation to the organization. Work Location is Reston, VA OR Gaithersburg, MD.
Position Description - Senior Compensation Analyst
• Performs a full scope of activities associated with the development and administration of compensation programs.
• Serves as a consultant to the enterprise from design to analytical support.
• Manages small to medium size projects or ongoing operational processes in areas such as annual bonus and merit, rewards and recognition, communications and training, MarketPay and Workday.
• Develop and/or maintain compensation policies and performs various compensation analysis.
• Conducts job leveling, job analysis, job documentation and job evaluation.
• Participates in compensation surveys to collect and analyze competitive salary information to determine company's competitive position.
• Reviews proposed salary adjustments for conformance to established guidelines, policies and practices. Recommends corrective or alternative actions to resolve compensation-related problems.
• Reviews requests for new or revised classifications to determine appropriate salary grade assignment. Formulates recommendations regarding development of company salary structure, FLSA exemptions, job revisions and organizational structures.
• Prepares special studies and recommendations on subjects such as incentive compensation, recognition program or pay practices to support design changes and assess current practices.
• Contributes to the development of organization's goals and objectives. Failure to obtain results or erroneous judgments or recommendations would normally have serious results and may require substantial expenditure of resources to correct and/or achieve project goals.
• Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts. Represents the organization on projects and may perform in project leadership role.
• Extensive working and practical knowledge of a wide variety of compensation techniques, theory, practices, methods, programs and plans including regulatory requirements, incentive compensation, base pay management. Qualifications:
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field and 8-12 years of experience and exposure to the field or relevant experience.
• Must have intermediate to advance skills with MS Office Suite, specifically Excel and PPT.
• Experience with formulas and gathering disparate data elements and pulling into one document to conduct analysis.
• Experience developing small to medium project plans.
• Ability to convey complex and various compensation information to audiences in various formats.
• Characteristics necessary for success include: problem-solving skills; positive attitude and demeanor; desire to be a team player; the ability to work effectively with diverse backgrounds; the ability to operate independently where appropriate, and to understand when to escalate issues to higher appropriate levels for review, guidance and/or resolution; and the ability to establish effective working relationships with peers and superiors.
• Candidates must be multi-task oriented with a strong work ethic and have a consistent objective toward meeting defined goals.
• CCP certification desired but not required.
• Functional compensation experience with Workday is a plus.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.