Java Software Engineer
Leidos is seeking a Java Developer to support a program in Northern Virginia. A minimum of an active SECRET Security Clearance is required in order to be considered for this position.
This Java developer will be designing and developing new features and enhancements to an existing, mission-critical system in an Agile environment. In this role, the candidate will work as part of a development team to perform system analysis, design and implementation of a complex multi-baselined system to meet customer's requirements. This position requires the ability to participate in a dynamic development environment. The ideal candidate must be capable of providing solutions in an expeditious, efficient, and timely manner to a variety of problems that may arise.
Education/Experience Bachelor's Degree in related field and 5+ years of related development experience is required.
- Candidates must possess an active SECRET Security Clearance at a minimum to be considered. Must also be willing to submit to a polygraph examination upon hire
- Candidate must have demonstrable skills in object-oriented software development, unit testing, and integration testing
- Must be able to develop in Java in a Linux environment
- Candidate must understand n-tier architectures and be able to explain best practices used to implement an n-tier system
- Familiarity with relational databases (Oracle/PostgreSQL), web services, Grails, Mule, Groovy, Gradle, Hibernate, and the Spring Framework is ideal
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.