Information Systems Security Engineer
JOB DESCRIPTION: The selectee will, under the leadership of senior personnel, provide technical expertise to aid the Government in the overall certification of cryptographic products for ground/airborne/satellite communications including those making up Space Systems of Systems, a collection of task-oriented or dedicated systems creating more security functionality than the individual components. The person selected shall provide Information System Security Engineering (ISSE) services in support of current and future Government customers' IA products and solutions; architecture analysis; key management; tactical communications; cryptographic products and algorithms; product certification and test and evaluation; and vulnerability, risk, and threat assessments. Activities include but not limited to validating and verifying system security requirements through analysis of security documentation, participating in design reviews, and security verification testing of products. The IA products and solutions are critical for the customer to build and secure space and associated ground systems, ground terminals, links, and waveforms all of which are used for communications, control of weapons, and/or data collection/transfer/sharing where these support devices must be compatible with the entire satellite dependent "space" system of systems
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information System Security Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related discipline from an accredited college or university.
• Must have a minimum of fourteen (14) years of ISSE experience.
• Must have CISSP certification.
• Must have three (3) years of experience in Space/Weapons/Ground/Terminal systems requirements development particularly developing, reviewing, and analyzing technical CDRLs, TSRDs, and IASRDs (or equivalent).
• Must have three (3) years of experience providing ISSE support to Space/Weapon/Ground/Terminal COMSEC/TRANSEC efforts, particularly cryptography and NSA cryptographic certification.
• Must have three (3) years of experience providing technical reviews/guidance for Key Management Architecture (KMA), Infrastructure (KMI), and Electronic Key Management System (EKMS) activities.
Must have four (4) years of Space Systems Engineering or Space Systems of Systems* Engineering experience
TS/SCI Poly Required
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.