Jr Data Modeler/ETL Developer
Leidos's Civil Health Operation is seeking candidates for the position of Jr Data Modeler/ETL Developer, supporting the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) Data Warehouse (HDW).
HRSA is the nation’s Public Health Agency, and its mission is to provide direct and indirect resources to see to the health care needs of the un-served and under-served in the United States. In order to do so, HRSA requires extensive data on population, income, existing health care resources, the health workforce, as well as various other types of contextual data. HRSA’s business processes result in considerable amounts of administrative and process data as well as some measures of outcome and performance. All of these types of data are stored in a central repository, and must be kept up to date. In addition, older data must be archived, and consolidated aggregate data must be managed so as to permit trend analyses.
This position is responsible for designing and developing automated processes to extract, transform, and load data and metadata so they can be loaded into the data warehouse using a mixture of MS SQL Server Integration Services, Python, ArcGIS, SAS, and SQL scripts.
· Design conceptual and logical models for data warehouses.
• Update data models to meet new and changing business requirements.
• Map source system data to data warehouse models.
• Develop, test, and maintain ETL processes for all sources and destinations in SQL Server SSIS.
• Adapt ETL processes to accommodate changes in source systems and to respond to changes in business requirements.
• Develop processes for capturing and maintaining metadata from all data warehousing components
• Define and capture metadata and rules associated with ETL processes.
• Maintain recommended specifications for client access, application servers, database servers and networks
• Work collaboratively with Product Owners and Subject Matter Experts to identify and understand source data systems.
• Provide a feedback loop to advise on data standards in transaction systems that will lend better to long term analytic use of institutional data.
• Produce technical documentation such as designs, process flow diagrams, data flow diagrams, decision trees, and data dictionaries
• Two or more years of SQL Server development experience with at least five years Integration service experience.
• Demonstrated experience with SQL Server Integration Service to accomplish regular, non-disruptive data refreshes implementing data validation, business rules, and aggregations; design error handling and deployment plans.
• Experience building data refreshes in SQL Server Integration Service from ground up without using any existing packages.
· Intermediate to advanced relational and dimensional data modeling, database design, and technical design skills.
· Intermediate to advanced SQL data integration skills.
· Understanding of source and target data structures.
· Understanding of data analysis and presentation concepts that facilitate collaborative work with BI Analysts and end users.
• Ability to read technical documentation and architecture artifacts.
• Familiar with Agile processes.
• Understanding of system analysis, business analysis, and requirements development and able to utilize such information in analyzing and solving complex problems.
• Ability to work quickly and efficiently in designing and implementing technical solutions.
• Ability to analyze technical and functional aspects of a program and troubleshoot complex issues, take corrective actions and implement improvements.
• Ability to work successfully in a team environment and possess the flexibility and adaptability to changing requirements is required.
• Ability to translate needs analysis results into functional designs and to develop and learn new technical skills quickly.
• Familiarity with process recovery capabilities, outcome monitoring and audit recording is preferred.
• Exposure to GIS data, data management with ArcGIS, and Python geoprocessing scripting a plus
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status and the ability to pass a background investigation is required. Candidates will be required to sign and adhere to data use agreements on an annual basis.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.