Jr. Discovery Analyst
The Cyber & SIGINT Solutions Operation of Leidos is seeking SIGINT Discovery Analysts for our customer site on Fort Meade, Maryland. This individual will be expected to have an understanding of Networking and SIGINT dataflow. Perform analysis on highly complex mission areas requiring new and innovative strategies and solutions. Characterize logical and physical networks using multiple sources of data and analyzing various protocols and applications. Research and analyze disparate metadata sessions to produce a cohesive intelligence picture. Develop and document new research and analytical capabilities.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in at least one (1) of the following areas: current client analytic tools and databases, producing technical reports, social network analysis, geospatial metadata analysis, target research, metadata analysis, target templating, telephony, SIGINT collection systems, researching network topologies, architectures and protocols, network operations, network mapping, network protocols, and network exploitation of specific protocols and technologies.
- Analyze Networking and SIGINT dataflow utilizing tools and exploitation opportunities
- Conduct in-depth research and analysis using various open-source and proprietary tools and databases to identify essential elements of information related to personal communications and network architectures
- Apply knowledge of network protocols, Domain Name Service, physical/logical network layers, and IP addressing to identify new development opportunities
- Analyze and interpret metadata to determine logical connections between seemingly unrelated communications
- Work directly with customers and team members to complete projects.
- collaborate with internal and external customers to discuss analysis/products and report findings
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Typically requires a Bachelor's Degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Master's Degree with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience
- Solid understanding of Networking and SIGINT dataflow
- Ability to use open-source and proprietary tools and utilize exploitation opportunities
- Familiarity with computer networking and telecommunication architecture, including knowledge of the OSI model, communications protocols, and functionality of network devices (i.e. routers and switches)
- Experience with customer tools and databases related to Digital Network Intelligence
- Knowledge of subnetting, opensource research (DNS, IP lookup, whois, traceroutes, etc.), and host information.
- Ability to write scripts using any of the following languages: PYTHON, PIG, PERL or Java
- Net+, Security+, CCNA, ICND1/ICND2 certification or similar industry experience
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.