Jr Embedded Software Developer
The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) of Leidos has an opportunity for a Jr Embedded Software Developer located in our San Diego, CA office.
ASG is actively developing the next generation of digital signal processing solutions that implement very high-performance computing in SWaP-constrained systems. A growth mindset and a strong desire to learn new skills to tackle challenging problems in the presence of incomplete information is the priority. You will have the unique opportunity to work at the intersection of high-performance computing, real-time embedded systems, and advanced signal processing. You will be developing and testing software, but also thinking abstractly about how that software can be deployed to various architectures. You will learn several new tools for understanding software performance from inception through end-to-end testing.
The successful candidate will participate in a System-on-a-Chip (SoC) computer processor design effort, using various processor simulation, design and analysis tools. Modeling tools include SystemC based Transaction Level Modeling (TLM) and Register Transfer Level (RTL).
- Candidate must have a Bachelor's or Master's of Science degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related degree.
- Comfortable solving complex problems
- Ability to work in intensive and changing environment
- Self-motivating, excellent written and verbal communication skills and good interpersonal skills
- Must have a US Citizenship and be eligible for a DoD security clearance
- C++ programming and debugging skills
- Scripting experience (Perl/Python/Tcl/etc.)
- Experience analyzing basic computer architecture statistics from simulation runs to evaluate tested design
- Interest and experience in pursuing Computer Architecture and processor design
- Experience doing System-on-a-Chip (SoC) design and analysis (preferred)
- Experience in SystemC based Transaction Level Modeling (TLM) or Register Transaction Language (RTL) (preferred)
- SystemC programming:
o Experience with TLM interfaces
o Experience customizing base TLM interfaces
o 2+ years of direct SystemC development experience, a variety of IPs
o Experience assembling systems of models with multiple authors
o Ability to work well in a multiple-developer environment
- Experience with:
o Platform Architect
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.