Sr Software Engineer
Leidos is seeking a Sr Software Engineer to support the CECOM SEC Terrestrial Sensors Software Branch with a DoD SECRET clearance (Top Secret preferred) at the Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD.
The Sr Software Engineer will be responsible for supporting the government BAT-A Project Lead to enable the transition of the Biometrics Automated Toolset-Army (BAT-A) software to Post Production Software Sustainment (PPSS). This includes support for development of key PPSS transition documentation, analysis of original equipment manufacturer BAT-A documentation, installation of a BAT-A software engineering environment, and performing the software engineering and testing required enable future software releases.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plans, conducts, and coordinates software development activities
- Performs empirical analysis for the design, development, documentation, testing, debugging, and implementation of software and software systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions to mission problems
- Applies the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle
- Participates in the development of test strategies, devices, and systems
- Develops technical solutions to complex software problems which require analysis of proposed product design changes to determine effort on the overall product and system.
***External Referral Eligible***
Equivalent experience/education combinations are NOT permitted based on the Typical Minimums for this job. This requisition requires a minimum of 9 years of related experience and a bachelors degree in a Software Engineering or related discipline. Only candidates possessing both qualifications can be considered.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, or other Engineering or Technical discipline
- 9 years of related work experience in Software Engineering
- Ability to work in a classified laboratory, 5 days per week in APG, MD
- Ability to travel as required to support mission requirements (5%)
- Active Secret clearance with an investigation within the last 5 years; Ability to achieve a Top Secret clearance if needed
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with Visual Basic 6.0, COM, COM+, C, C++, C#, .NET, and XML
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with MS Windows 7, MS SQL Server 2008 R2, MS .NET Framework 4, MS Visual Studio, IBM Rational System Architect, and VMware
- Understanding of US Military Biometrics, ISR, and SIGINT systems
- Prior US Military/government experience
- Excellent oral and written communications skills (briefings, software documentation, status reports, etc.)
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.