Systems / Web Administrator
The Defense & Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for Systems / Web Administrator in Charlottesville, VA
• Perform systems administration of systems connected to local and wide area networks. System management responsibilities involving account monitoring, security, Operating System (OS) installation, and other local area system administration related functions.
• Perform daily system and performance checks
• Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
• Manage IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems
• Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution
• Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 problem identification, diagnosis and problem resolution
• Provide support, detailed analysis and feedback for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
• Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 level weekly scheduled maintenance support and afterhours call-in response through to full problem resolution
• Application installation and deployment
• Isolate and resolve hardware and software problems involving the applications, the operating system, the hardware, the communications infrastructure, or any combination thereof
• Troubleshoot, maintain integrity and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
• Integrate new technologies into new and existing systems including the transition and migration of corporate systems.
• Provide in-depth experience in trouble-shooting IT systems and web based programs.
• Configure and manage UNIX and Windows (or other applicable) operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoot, maintain integrity of and configure network components, along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
• High School Diploma/GED and 10 years relevant experience or Associates Degree with 8 years relevant experience or Bachelors Degree with 6 years relevant experience.
• DoD 8570 Compliance at IAT Level II (CompTIA Security+ CE, SSCP, CCNA-Security or GSEC)
• Red Hat
• Apache Tomcat
• Open SSL, JBoss, Puppet, Solar Winds and Ansible familiarity
• Database Structure familiarity
• ITIL Foundation V3
• Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
• Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.