The Cyber Frameworks and Architecture Division in Leidos’ Defense and Intelligence Group is looking for full-time Buyers to support a new contract in our Columbia, MD office. Successful candidates must have supply chain and logistics experience as well as deep knowledge of industry standards and best practices.
Buyers will perform supply chain functions such as material and service procurement, production planning, and inventory control. He/she may work independently at times or as part of a team to complete assignments that are often difficult in nature. Typical responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following duties:
• Understanding and communicating customer needs and requirements throughout the organization
• Soliciting, analyzing, evaluating, and negotiating the purchase of routine materials as well as items or services of technical and/or specialized natures
• Coordinating, analyzing, and negotiating supplier contracts and administration
• Supplier development, sourcing, and supply-base diversity and cost management
• Supplier relationship management
• Supplier-contract regulatory compliance, DFAR Business System (Purchasing) compliance, and supplier-contract risk management
• Coordinating and integrating the flow of materials and information among suppliers, manufacturers, distributors, and customers
• Creating integrated processes across internal functions such as operations, purchasing, and logistics
• Continuously improving the movement of materials through various production processes
• Establishing key performance metrics and benchmarks relating to supply chain planning/forecasting to measure actual performance against these goals on a regular basis
• Explaining solutions, practices, and procedures to others within the organization
• Assisting other buyers and/or logisticians with tasks and assignments
This position typically requires a Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of Supply Chain experience on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity. An additional 5 years of supply chain experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.