Software Integration Engineer
The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) at Leidos currently has an opening for a Software Integration Engineer to work in our Annapolis Junction, MD office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting a mission critical program. This individual must be an energetic, motivated self-starter who is looking for a challenging position supporting the software/system integration of an extremely dynamic complex system. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in Agile practices and will have demonstrable skills providing system integration, troubleshooting, and maintenance of both hardware and software components and devices.
As a technical expert in software/systems integration, the selected candidate will be responsible for analyzing and resolving complex integration challenges based on independent, hands-on identification and diagnosis of hardware and software issues. He/she will employ sound judgment and precise forethought in their analysis and application of software/system integration and test concepts. The selected candidate must work skillfully and effectively with the Software Architect, the Software Development Manager, and in some cases the Customer, in prioritizing, documenting, and communicating their integration activities.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Eligible
· A Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science, and 6 years of experience in a related field
· Experience leading and/or supporting large-scale system integration projects from design through formal test
· Experience in a broad range of technologies and capabilities including requirements lifecycle, architecture development, functional analysis, and/or systems analysis
· Experience integrating complex COTS software products with a variety of operating systems
· Must have excellent interpersonal skills and must be able to successfully communicate and collaborate with team members from a broad range of technical disciplines (software developers, testers, system engineers, etc.)
· Must be solutions-oriented and possess a high level of self-initiative and enthusiasm
· MS in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
· Experience in one or more of the following: designing software for server-client systems, integrating COTS products and technologies into a cohesive system, testing software, transitioning software into operations, and understanding Web services
· Familiarity with Agile methodologies, specifically Scrum and XP
· Familiarity with Maven, Nexus, Jenkins, and unit testing frameworks
· Scripting experience in Windows environments (Powershell), Perl or Python
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.