Director, Business Development – Army ISR Systems
Leidos, Airborne Integration and Ground Processing (AIGP) operation is seeking a Business Development Director for manned and unmanned Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) systems to grow and manage the unmanned aerial and terrestrial portfolio of programs. This position does allow Telecommuting.
The Director for ISR Business Development will actively participate in the identification and development of new opportunities, managing program captures and proposals and strategic planning. The selected candidate will work with the AIGP BD staff, AIGP program managers, and senior AIGP Operations staff to formulate program strategies and business plans, conduct program reviews and customer assessments, manage discretionary investment funds, and build and maintain relationships with external and internal customers.
The successful candidate will be a seasoned business development professional with extensive experience in the Defense Industry, including experience working on full life cycle programs (programs of record experience preferred). The primary focus is on intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) systems to include full life cycle systems development, sustainment and operations.
Duties include all phases of customer relationships, business development, and capture management with emphasis on identification, qualification, and capture phases. Individual will be an integral part of the AIGP team, supporting proposal activities, marketing, communications, competitive analysis, and business development. Individual will also identify and participate, as required, in marketing events such as trade shows that support capture objectives. Individual will identify and qualify prospective teaming partners.
Required expertise includes: U.S. Army airborne and ground ISR capabilities and systems; technologies and operations; and full life cycle ISR operations and sustainment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• The candidate will develop and execute broad organizational strategic plans as well as leading and executing specific program captures.
• The candidate will identify and qualify business opportunities
• The candidate will work with line management and technical staff to develop programmatic and technology discriminators enabling successful program capture
• The candidate will develop and executing capture plans during all phases, from early opportunity qualification and development through proposal submission is another important component for this position.
• The candidate will also identify and participate, as required, in marketing events such as trade shows that support capture objectives.
• Up to 25% travel required.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• Bachelor’s Degree with at least 12 years’ relevant experience (degree in an systems management, engineering, or technical field preferred)
• Extensive Industry or Department of Defense (DoD) experience working business development activities in support of unmanned programs
• Proven capture and proposal experience, preferably for unmanned programs and including programs valued at $50M+
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
• Technical expertise and experience in the autonomous domain
• Must have a Top Secret clearance (Active TS/SCI Clearance preferred)
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
• Extensive experience and contacts with U.S. Army manned and unmanned systems and technology original equipment manufacturers
• Formal capture and proposal writing training
• Experience managing/developing internal research and development activities
• Experience developing and managing marketing and bid and proposal budgets
• Experience and comfort interfacing at all organization levels – from executive
• Knowledge of the state of current science and technology efforts in developing new sensors, processing, and communications technologies is desired.
• Knowledge and experience with program management, program planning and execution, and systems engineering.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.