Network Threat Support Specialist - Mid
The CSS Group of Leidos has a career opening for a Network Threat Support Specialist located in Schofield Barracks, HI.
The Network Threat Support Specialist will perform analysis to support cyber operation. The NTSS will serve as a member of a computer network operations (CNO) intelligence team, focused on the threat to networked weapons platforms and US and DoD information networks. The NTSS will collaborate with analytical counterparts across the U.S. Intelligence Community; apply knowledge of threat environment, open-source tools, and current implementation of threat technologies in order to devise all-source analytic/collection strategies to pursue access and exploitation of targets of interest.
• Provide malware first-look and triage analysis and signature development support to a 24x7 watch operations. Included are network forensics and malware analysis activities such as:
• Setting up virtual machines in VMware
• Capturing file system and memory changes of an operating (victim) host
• Identification of patterns and comparing them to known malware patterns and TTPs (threats, tactics and procedures)
• Very familiar with implant types and/or open source equivalents, i.e. various Trojan implants, BOTS, and malware stages.
• Determining hard-coded command and control node IP addresses/DNS names.
• Able to perform decode, de-obfuscation and SSL decryption steps with tools.
• Able to work in team environment with strong communication skills for working with both internal and external customers.
• Has an understanding of malware analyst customers within DOD and other Federal agencies.
• BASIC QUALIFICATIONS:
• UNITED STATES CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED. THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE TOP SECRET/SCI WITH POLYGRAPH SECURITY CLEARANCE.
• • Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent formal military training with 6+ years of related experience.
• • Work experience must include 4+ years of Intelligence analysis experience within the DoD/IC.
• SHIFT WORK IS REQUIRED:
• Preferred Tools/Experience:
• Wireshark/Ethereal (tcpdump), Snort signature writing, YARA signature writing, intrusion detection (various), forensics work at host, network, or software levels, penetration testing work, malware triage analysis, malware reversing, IDA Pro, MetaSploit, EnCase, Ollydebug, advanced Windows and Linux/Unix OS experience.
• Preferred Certifications: GCFIH, CNDA, DoD Forensic Examiner and/or Network Intrusion Analyst, Security +, SSCP, Cisco CCNA (and other Cisco related network certs), Network +, CISSP, GSEC, GCIA, GPEN, GCFW, GCFA
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.