Deputy Project Manager
Systems Made Simple, a Leidos Innovations Corporation currently has an opening for a Deputy Project Manager in support of a large Government Task Order.
The services to be provided by TeamSMS are related to a document digitization and scanning program. The primary purpose of this contract is to prep, scan and index these artifacts. The scope of the document digitization services will be performed in St. Louis, MO.
This position requires the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance which requires US Citizenship or US Person (Green Card).
Military Veterans are highly encouraged to apply.
JOB DESCRIPTION/SCOPE: The candidate will oversee a subcontractor that is performing document preparation, document scanning, indexing the scanned information, uploading the information to a repository, reassembling the claims folders, and transferring the boxes to storage. Effective tracking and processing of claims folder is crucial.
This candidate must be experienced in managing operations, scanning, and/or processes and will be committed to promoting innovative solutions, while ensuring and maintaining quality throughout the process and exceed customer expectations. Will work directly with the customer and must be able to communicate clearly and effectively through oral and written communication. The candidate is expected to manage existing relationships with the subcontractor, SMS/Leidos Project Manager and the customer to strengthen lines of communication.
· Oversee operations of the contract to achieve on-time delivery of services according to the Service Level Agreement (SLA).
· Contribute to and coordinate project deliverables in order to ensure contract requirements are completed and delivered, as required.
· Participate in the development of the overall project plan, budget, structure, schedule, and staffing requirements to ensure they are fulfilled and maintained throughout the life of the project.
· Oversees subcontractor and ensures all team members, partners, and vendors comply with acceptable levels of transparency, timeliness, and commitment to quality.
· Manages and resolves risks and issues throughout the project lifecycle.
· Develops positive relationships with the customer, subcontractors, employees and other project stakeholders.
· Oversees all operational aspects of the subcontractor, from initial setup, through execution and closeout.
· Complies with corporate, customer, and industry standards and best practices.
· Willingness to accept and perform related duties and responsibilities as required, and the ability to work in a collaborative environment in order to meet deadlines.
DESIRED SKILLS: Experience with the Microsoft Office Tool Suite, to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project. Certified Project Management Professional (PMP). Knowledge of NARA compliance requirements. Experience with CMMI and/or Six Sigma. Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and possess the ability to interact with management, Government staff, and the team. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and have the ability to work independently and complete tasks without direct supervision.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires a BA degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.