Controls Software Engineer
The Leidos Health and Infrastructure Group currently has an opening for Controls Software Engineer in support of a large Veterans Affairs (VA) Department Task Order in Tucson, AZ.
This position requires the ability to obtain a VA designated High-Risk Background Investigation (BI).
Leidos is supporting the Department of Veterans Affairs’ Consolidated Mail Outpatient Pharmacy sustainment and modernization. The CMOP is a network of seven (7) highly-automated production facilities which employ a mixture of robotic devices, conveyor systems, and human factors to accurately fill and ship nearly 117,000,000 prescriptions per year for healthcare beneficiaries including our nation’s Veterans, active duty service members, and patients eligible for care through Indian Health Service (IHS).
1. Maintenance: Maintenance to all software at the individual CMOP facilities used to interface with local production equipment and processes. This maintenance function involves phone and remote system support with the 7 CMOPs as well as on-site annual visits.
2. Enhancement and Integration Support: Provide software services that improve performance, controls and documentation including equipment interfaces as new equipment is introduced at the CMOPs.
• The Controls Software Engineer will be responsible for the design, development, test and implementation of software to process control / feedback signals to optimize the operation of the VA’s pharmaceutical floor mechanical and electromechanical devices and systems. The candidate will be responsible for the provision of software design and development services in support of maintenance, enhancements and modernization of the CMOP facilities to include utilizing PLC interfacing software to include Think and Do v8.1 and Concept. The software is responsible for order management, inventory control, fulfilling activities and the interfaces with the equipment on the automation floor.
• The candidate should have the ability to quickly learn new pharmaceutical production floor technologies, including, control software development tools, sensors and automatic identification equipment and process control equipment.
• The candidate should have the ability to adequately document designs, coded solutions and systems.
The candidate may:
• Be involved in analyses and the investigation of related application development tasks and prepares design specifications, analysis, and recommendations.
• Ensure the compliance of customer standards; also ensures that contractual deliverables assigned are reviewed for completeness and completed on time.
• Works closely with other teams, support organizations, program and product management.
• Interact with senior management and other developers. Interaction normally involves matters between functional and technical areas.
REQUIRED EDUCATION/SKILLS: Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technologies or equivalent and 10 years of experience, ideally 3+ years of experience in the field of industrial process automation similar to that in the CMOP. Experience developing systems in the Microsoft environment using Microsoft’s development environments in a real-time is required. Proven experience in developing and supporting large development initiatives that are similar in scope and complexity to the VA’s CMOP.
• Control software engineering
• Understanding of system engineering and design
• 3-5 years’ experience with automated equipment/systems controls
• PLC/ SCADA/HMI programming
• I/O mapping programming
• Windows Development
• .Net Framework 4.6
• MS Visual Studio 2015
Desired experience with:
• SQL Server 2012
• Mid-Tier Application Servers
• Object Oriented Analysis and Design
• Agile Methodologies
• Test Driven Development
• Phoenix Contact
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.