Test Engineer III
The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) of Leidos has a career opportunity for a talented Test Engineer in Alexandria, VA to support a critical modernization effort of the Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System (AFATDS) in order to satisfy the vision of Program Executive Office (PEO) Command Control Communications - Tactical (C3T) and Project Manager Mission Command. Responsible for developing, implementing software and system tests. Duties may include defining and specifying the implementation of standards, methods, and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision, accuracy, and reliability of client and/or company products.
The AFATDS is a multi-service, automated command, coordination, communication, and computing system that provides automated fire support and coordination to all echelons, from firing unit through theater level, at Army, Marine Corps, Naval Firing Platforms, Navy Command and Amphibious Assault Ships, Air Force Operations Centers, and Joint Command and Control Centers. AFATDS enables the automatic application of the Force Commander’s guidance in the Fires Warfighting Function to plan, execute, and deliver effects at all levels of command within the current and future force. AFATDS can automatically tailor the selection of fire support assets (field artillery, mortars, close air support, naval gunfire, attack helicopters, and offensive electronic warfare assets) based on the Commander’s guidance, thereby enabling maximum effective use of all available fire support assets across the full spectrum of conflict.
This effort is to meet the government’s objective to modernize the underlying AFATDS architecture, redesign the AFATDS front-end to a fully web- and role-based user interface, integrate common services made available through the Army’s Common Operating Environment (COE), and incorporate advanced embedded training technologies to aid in operator-initiated system instruction and refresher training.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret developmental tests for new and/or modified system components. Investigate and resolve operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel.
- Provide technical support to other engineering groups
- Guide and direct lower level personnel on the set-up and performance of tests
- Participate in the development, maintenance and refinement of internal quality control and reliability programs
- Participate in User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Unit Testing (UT), and Integration Testing (IT), Regression Testing (RT), Detailed Testing (DT), Operational Testing (OT), and Acceptance testing (AT)
- Perform test activities in a program consisting of waterfall and agile methodologies
- Maximize test automation and participate in test driven development activities
- Assign testing tasks to other team members and monitoring progress
- Produce test reports
- Present at program reviews, customer meetings and meetings with external organizations
- Document and manage defect identification through resolution and closure
- BS degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Master with 6-10 years of relevant experience. May substitute BS for 4 additional years of relevant experience.
- Ability to obtain a DoD SECRET security clearance
- Experience with all aspects of developing and executing a test program
- Experience with test and operational environment identification and coordination for installation and checkout
- Experience with test process development, test case design, test procedure development, test execution, system evaluation and test reporting
- Experience with requirements traceability, system-of-systems integration and testing, test planning, development and execution testing including experience with Army products and interfaces
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Ability to isolate and resolve problems, document bugs, regress and close issues while working on particular application releases
- Experience with all phases of a project lifecycle development process (analysis, design, code, test, migrate)
- Experience with automated test and test driven development concepts, tools, and languages
- Experience in an Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Able to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Good verbal, written, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint)
- US Citizenship is required
- Experience with network architecture and communications
- Web Client end user devices, Smart Clients and Android applications
- Familiar with VMF and USMTF message sets
- Familiar with Combat Net Radio (CNR) and or SATCOM communications
- Basic understanding of Army and Marine fire mission processing
- Experience with AFATDS, Army Common Operating Environment (COE) or other PM MC systems
- Experience with testing involving ATEC, JITC, or other government agency
- Experience testing with the Joint, NATO, or Coalition community
- Experience supporting any military experiment or exercise i.e. C4ISR, MRX, Red Flag, Blue Flag,…
- Currently possess an active DoD SECRET security clearance
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.