Leidos is seeking a Graphic Artist to join the Corporate proposal team in Reston, VA.
Overview: Conceives, designs, lays out, and coordinates editorial illustrations and creative artwork. Develops interpretive themes that convey ideas and information. Creates graphic presentations that communicate mood, emphasis, insight, viewpoint, and similar visual impressions. May provide computer graphic services for web artwork. Provides guidance on graphic technology. Works closely with internal company contacts to understand requirements and create cost efficient graphic designs through available mediums. May also have responsibility or input on reproduction and printing processes through in-house resources or outside vendors. Must be willing to travel to and within the National Capitol Region; Some domestic and international travel may be requested.
• Using Adobe Creative Suite and PowerPoint skills, conceives, designs, lays out, and coordinates editorial illustrations and creative artwork in accordance with Request for Proposal (RFP) requirements, Proposal Operations Standard Operating Procedures and Leidos branding guidelines
• Creates proposal graphics and presentations for proposal inclusion and customer presentations
• Reads and interprets RFP requirements to ensure compliance with all font, page, sizing, and other proposal submission requirements
• Creates visually aesthetic and compliant proposal binding and packaging
• Develops and jointly maintains Art Log of work to document proposal graphic control numbers and varied iterations and post completed work to a collaborative environment
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Ensures graphics and packaging are developed within Proposal Schedule
• Participates in daily team tag-ups as appropriate
• Supports during reproduction such as assembly of proposal materials, final book check, and packaging; Provides visual Quality Assurance (QA) Quality Control (QC) of all proposal graphics
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS, and EXPERIENCE:
• High School diploma/equivalent and 2- 4 years of experience. Design school experience is preferred.
• Must have the ability to interpret and understand Request for Proposal (RFP) requirements
• Skill with Adobe Suite, including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
• Journeyman skill set with Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint
• Ability to communicate both verbally and written with customers and company personnel
• Must be able to work overtime and weekends as required
• Ability to meet attendance policy
• Previous experience in commercial or government proposal graphics
• Expert skill set with Adobe Suite, including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance (Secret, Top Secret-SCI)
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.