Sr. Capture Manager
The Defense & Intelligence Group of Leidos is seeking a Capture Manager to assist the National Solutions business in pursuing profitable growth within the Intelligence Community (IC), reporting directly to the BD VP for National Solutions.
The capture manager is responsible for the capture leadership of assigned opportunities in support of the market strategy. The capture manager must thrive in an environment where they are responsible for the management and execution of the full BD life-cycle process across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals. The ideal candidate will have primary military/Department of Defense or Intel Community experience and have previously served as a program manager / capture manager.
This individual will be expected to identify gaps and emerging requirements, perform market and economic analysis, conduct business intelligence, design and execute formal capture plans, and monitor competitor activity for each capture. Candidates at this level will develop the overall win strategy and perform the associated marketing for assigned opportunities. He/she will develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions, in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers.
The candidate is expected to exercise sound judgment within broadly defined practices and policies; regularly interact with all levels of management, functional POCs, staff, and customers; and display a high degree of tact and diplomacy. Characteristics necessary for success include: business and technical vision; disciplined strategic thinking; analytical presentation and problem solving skills; the ability to gain internal support; and the ability to establish and maintain a solid working relationship with technical staff, managers, and peers. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
• Perform market research to qualify new business opportunities, including analysis of customer budget, capabilities required, current customer preferences, competitive environment assessments, and incumbent strengths and weaknesses.
• Coordinate meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices.
• Serve Division Managers and Operation senior staff as the lead for call plan development and execution, and provide detailed reports on follow up activities after plan execution.
• Plan and participate in capture activities, to include opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, collaboration sessions, and proposal reviews.
• Interact routinely with all levels of Division, Operation and Group management, infrastructure POCs, staff, and customers, and follow through on tasking.
• Brief capture status to senior management at specified milestones in the capture process, when material changes occur and as needed.
• Conduct after action reviews for all business opportunity capture participants to document lessons learned and identify necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and actions.
• Mentors less-experienced capture managers in effective capture management approaches and techniques
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 15+ years of related experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Active DoD Secret clearance at a minimum.
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions, in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers
- This role requires that the successful candidate have a proven track record of successful capture management across multiple organizations and program offices at a variety of acquisition sizes
- Experience working directly with IC personnel
- Travel as required, based on negotiated work location, up to 10% per month.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports.
- Demonstrated access to key government customers and industry partners.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Three or more years of successful program/project management experience.
- Experience with IC/DoD budget, investments and acquisition processes.
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with technical staff, division managers, and peers in the Group and across Leidos.
- Active TS/SCI clearance.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.