Software Engineer Intern
Leidos is seeking a talented Software Engineer Intern at our Dayton, OH location.
This position will provide software engineering support for the Air Force Research Laboratory, Warfighter Readiness Research Division. This internship is an immediate need and will work around school schedule.
Candidate will assist with requirements elicitation; software design; C++ and/or Java software development; and software documentation. All development will be focused on maintaining and enhancing existing software for supporting Live, Virtual, and Constructive (LVC) simulation environments. Candidate will work on military flight simulators; tools for feeding constructive data and players into flight simulators; and other software applications as needed to support the training of military personnel.
The candidate will work on a team composed of multiple contract companies; good communication skills will be important.
- The candidate must currently be pursuing a degree in a related field (e.g. Computer Science, Computer Engineering).
- Must have completed at least two years of an undergraduate curriculum, and maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale).
- Good understanding of object oriented programming in C++.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience programming on Microsoft Windows operating system.
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio; SVN; object-oriented programming in Java.
- Experience with Red Hat and/or similar Linux systems.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.