As a Warehouse Specialist; you will direct, coordinate and be responsible for the total inventory of raw material, finished goods, manufactured and purchased parts, engineering materials, consumables, packaging supplies, shipping materials, documents, and other materials in support of a Department of Defense contract aimed at rapid prototyping and testing of new systems. Demonstrate a keen attention to detail, multitasking ability and provide effective communication supported by a philosophy of continuous improvement and standardize of work. Work closely with clients and contract employees to support the integration of material receipts with multiple projects. Serve as the primary point of contact for the government customer in their receiving efforts.
• Work as an integral part of the supply chain management team and will review all receipts for completeness and accuracy.
• Provide information and guidance to the government regarding transportation packing tasks such as shipping document creation and management.
• Support property inventory and management functions, must be able to operate computer equipment and customized software for equipment tracking.
• Assist with operations of a supply room to include stocking shelves, inventorying, shopping for resupply items, and issuing consumable supplies to customers.
• Operate a forklift and pallet lift.
• Assist with turn-in, repair, and relocation of equipment.
• Provide on-going monitoring of material distribution and stock levels to ensure the safe and efficient flow of materials from suppliers to customer.
• Oversee confirmation of incoming materials for inventory; working with quality control, purchasing and planning to ensure components flow and visibility to all involved.
• Understand Production build schedules, and perform advanced Kitting and Material Variance analysis.
• Prepare and Analyze Inventory, material usage, cycle count accuracy, and other Reports.
• Generate MRP system documentation such as; packing slips, invoices, material costs, and Material Transaction History.
• Prepare and ship packages via Fed EX, UPS, DHL, US Postal Service, and other carriers.
• Receive material against purchase orders.
• Demonstrate willingness to complete miscellaneous tasks as assigned in order to support the overall organization.
• Travel up to 10%.
• High School diploma and 2-4 years’ experience.
• Must presently have a Secret clearance. Due to federal contract regulations, US citizenship is required.
• Demonstrated ability to create, execute and monitor through completion shipping documents such as Commercial Bills of lading (CBL) and Government Bills of Lading (GBL).
• Must have ability to reconcile automated systems in use of tracking, monitoring and shipping.
• Must have knowledge and experience in commercial and DOD packaging requirements.
• Forklift certification required.
• CDL also desirable.
• Preferred to be a graduate of a technical school.
• Knowledge of Army supply/property management policies and procedures is desired.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.