Chief Solutions Architect
The Federal Health Operation has an opening for an IT Chief Solutions Architect for a DoD customer, located at Ft. Detrick, MD. Positions are with the Enterprise Information Technology (IT) Project Management Office (PMO), supporting Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulated medical research and acquisition. Candidates will work for the Leidos Project Manager but is expected to work independently with government and major customers to accomplish assignments without much direction.
Leads the project’s strategic planning and execution of the IT architecture for support to FDA medical research and acquisition to include laboratory, clinical and FDA regulatory functional areas. Individual also refines and oversees all high-level systems engineering processes within the eIT PMO. Individual is responsible for systems level technical planning including high-level system hardware-software-network design based on customer business processes. This involves alternative analysis that includes cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems. Candidate will communicate with executive leadership (internally or client) regarding matters of significant importance to the organization/project and works to convince others to accept areas view/current practices and agree/accept new concepts, practices and approaches.
Candidate should be able to:
· Effectively plan and lead all solutions architectural activities associated with forward planning of existing and future Medical Research Information Technology (MeRITS) portfolio of FDA compliant products to include gathering and assessing future capability, integration requirements and prepare a strategic road map to establish a rationalized portfolio of scientific data applications within the FDA regulated mission space..
· Understand and discuss technical IT solutions to facilitate effective system design. Candidate must be able to thoroughly understand existing and future enterprise level and local solutions within the FDA and DoD mission space accurately enough to represent the office to other IT groups within the Command.
· Understand, investigates and gains knowledge on new technologies (e.g. Cloud technology) and industry trends related to and support the eIT PMO mission.
· Maintains bi annual updates to the projects integrated strategic master plan.
· Able to effectively evaluate alternatives to provide recommendations and guidance on technology direction and implementation.
· Develop an understanding of the required FDA, Defense Health Agency, Medical Command and USAMRMC’s current IT posture (capabilities and needs) to provide support for Enterprise IT initiatives.
· Develop and present Command Level briefings, both to internal and external audiences, to include military and/or civilian, congressional, state and local government personnel and staff
· Represent the eIT PMO, its products and capabilities, at Command level meetings.
· Liaise with customer organizations to understand their mission, business processes, and capability needs, in order to guide requirements identification and definition.
· Apply knowledge of up-to-date and industry leading IT systems, hardware, software, networks, and vendor services to support all eIT PMO activities.
· Understand, direct and support implementation of U.S. Code of Federal Regulations Title 21, Part 11 Electronic Records and Electronic Signatures throughout the project.
· Understand and apply the Department of Defense (DoD) acquisition process as defined in DODI 5000.2 to efficiently lead, advise, design, development, deploy and sustain the eIT PMO IT architecture and products.
· Direct the maintenance of the Systems Engineering Management Plan and all associated Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions, and Templates.
· Chairs the projects Engineering Review Board. As such, facilitates focused, comprehensive, and productive discussions on all engineering topics. Reviews and approves all Change Requests and Change Proposals.
· Is the main Engineering Point of Contact (POC) to the project’s Configuration Control Board (CCB) to support successful CCB meetings.
· Review and directs input to multiple complementary systems engineering Management plans, processes, procedures, and templates, specifically Requirements Management, Configuration Management, and Test & FDA Validation Management
· Author, review and approve technical document artifacts as required to support government customer.
· Participate in the design reviews of specific products
· Execute the Product Lead role for occasional high profile initiatives.
BA/BS or equivalent experience and 5+ years or prior experience as a lead architect or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience.
· 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience in appropriate field
· Must take initiative, work independently, perform tasks with minimal direction, with the ability to learn quickly and pay attention to detail.
· Must be able to work and communicate effectively, both with others and on your own.
· Must have excellent English, written and interpersonal communication skills.
· U.S. citizenship
· Must be able to successfully complete a public trust background investigation.
Experience in the following:
· U.S. Code of Federal Regulations Title 21, Part 11 Electronic Records and Electronic Signatures highly desired.
· Integrating Commercial Off The Shelf products with FDA medical research application highly desired.
· Working within the DoD and/or US Army environment, with US Army Medical Research and Materiel Command
· Working in a DoD classified or unclassified network environment
· DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF)
· DoD Architecture Framework (DoDAF)
· MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.