Financial Analyst (NCI)
Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc.'s Financial Operations Directorate oversees all financial planning and management activities for the Frederick National Lab for Cancer Research (FNLCR), sponsored by the National Cancer Institute (NCI). We currently seek a Financial Analyst II to join the Financial Planning and Analysis team at our Frederick, MD location.
- Works in coordination with both internal and external customers across the FNL, in overall budget development, cost estimating and cost management, at project detail, to include labor and other cost category account levels, as well as financial summary levels
- Develops, interprets and implements financial concepts for financial planning and control
- Performs technical analysis to determine present and future financial performance
- Gathers, analyzes, prepares and summarizes recommendations for financial plans, acquisition activity, trended future requirements, operating forecasts, etc
- Performs financial research and coordinates resolution of financial inquiries; budget revisions, personnel requisitions and adhoc requests as needed
- Position will also be responsible for pricing new task orders and changes to existing pricing
- Monitors and provides monthly financial analysis, cost tracking, estimate to completion and reporting at division and directorate levels, to proactively highlight, flag and address variances to the budget plans
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree in business/accounting or related field from an accredited college or university according to the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the required education)
- Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency
- In addition to the education requirements, a minimum of three (3) years of experience in financial analysis, monitoring and reporting
- Must possess proficient / competent communication skills, and intermediate level of experience in use of spreadsheets, databases, and financial planning tools
- Must be able to support multiple programs and process multiple tasks with ability to collect and analyze information in a complex and dynamic operating environment
- Must possess strong customer service orientation, including both internal and external customers
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Knowledge of appropriate government contracting regulations and various contract types, indirect cost pools, forward pricing, Deltek financial software, intermediate Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office suite.
- Knowledge of general accounting, financial management and project control concepts; strong analytical skills
- Intermediate to advanced excel and database skills/abilities
- Familiarity with government contracting; solid communication skills and ability to multi-task in complex/dynamic operating environment.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.