Imagery Scientist- Radar
Candidate must have an active TS/SCI
Leidos is seeking a Radar Imagery Scientist to provide direct support to our National Security Customer in Springfield, VA. The successful candidate will work as a member of a government-contractor team providing imagery science support.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: The selected candidate will provide imagery science support specifically related to the exploitation of SAR/Radar imagery to assist the government/contractor team in optimizing the collection and exploitation of SAR/Radar imagery data. The image scientist will collaborate with and provide scientific analysis support to full spectrum GEOINT (FSG) data to imagery and geospatial analysts, to leverage the value-added support to sharpen their assessments of current intelligence issues. The imagery scientist duties also include applying SAR/Radar and programming techniques and capabilities to mission issues, as well as investigating innovative and emerging technologies to incorporate into analysis. Evaluation of commercial, academic, and outside approaches and algorithms, refinement, development of measures of effectiveness, improvements to system capabilities, and creation of new procedures is commonplace. Formal and informal written reports and briefings are necessary to capture plans, schedules, status updates and results.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Candidate must possess a minimum of 3 years’ experience and a Bachelor of Science degree in image science, remote sensing, earth science, physical science, engineering, or similar engineering/science field.
Active TS/SCI required
• Scientist candidates must have experience in applied image processing and scientific analysis of SAR/Radar imagery, knowledge of image formation, and Radar phenomenology.
• Additional experience required includes scientifically processing SAR imagery from National, Civil, and Commercial imaging systems, proficiency with techniques, algorithms, and scientific analysis of Radar data processing using ENVI IDL.
• Experience performing image processing using ENVI and ERDAS IMAGINE is essential.
• Experience with GOTS applications such as FSTK and AGITK is a plus.
• Scientists must possess the ability to communicate effectively in writing and oral presentations, complete task in a timely manner with minimal supervision, and the ability to work cooperatively and effectively as a team member.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: MS/MA degree in a relevant field is desired.
"External Referral Eligible"
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.