The Defense & Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for a Configuration Analyst in Fairmont, WV.
As the largest provider of IT services to the U.S. Government, Leidos develops and sustains large data and technology infrastructures and integrates complex IT systems for almost every branch of the U.S. Government. Leidos currently has a number of positions supporting the Department Of Defense Automated Biometric Identification System (DoD ABIS) Sustainment Services And Service Life Extension program.
DoD ABIS is an information technology system that supports identity superiority by providing the critical capability for warfighters to identify known or suspected terrorists and third country nationals in the course of military operations. DoD ABIS is the authoritative biometrics enterprise system that provides matching, sharing and storing of biometrics data. The capability can receive multi-modal biometrics submissions to include iris, face, palm and finger prints from biometrics collection devices, which will support the warfighter in making, retain, capture, or release decisions. By providing access and responding to requests the system has a direct impact on the availability of critical intelligence information that is of vital interest to DoD and other government agencies.
Leidos has a current job opening for Configuration Analyst in Fairmont, WV supporting the DOD ABIS Sustainment and Services contract. This five year program will provide operations, maintenance, software sustainment services and hardware procurement services, and associated support for all devices associated with the DoD ABIS system. These services shall focus on supporting the Warfighter needs by sustaining adequate support functions.
Analyzes proposed changes of product design to determine effect on overall product and system. Coordinates modification records for management control. Establishes change orders and prepares for change authorization and documentation by company and subcontractor. Prepares reports of change effect on overall product. Reviews and analyzes released engineering change data and coordinates changes with engineering, quality, support, manufacturing, and engineering data control activities. Ensures that customer requirements are implemented and reviews change accounting activity to ensure compliance with configuration management policies.
Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems. Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
• Provides configuration management planning.
• Describes provisions for configuration identification, change control, configuration status accounting, and configuration audits.
• Regulates the change process so that only approved and validated changes are incorporated into product documents and related software.
• Maintains configuration item library and all supporting documents and processes.
• Ensures that the appropriate configuration items, reports, and documentation is updated after release and continuously monitors the release process for impacts to configuration items.
• Provides backup administration for the JIRA workflow management tool that is the basis for configuration management and several other major functions on the DoD ABIS contract.
• Continuously reviews the configuration management function to recommend process improvements
•Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related scientific or technical discipline – OR – 5 years applicable experience.
• Currently possess an active Secret Security Clearance
• 3-7+ years of IT experience
• Demonstrated experience in the area of configuration and release management in a formal business environment
• DoD experience desired
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask; can set priorities and follow a timeline
• Ability to work in a fast paced, constantly changing environment, driving by multiple teams and platforms
•Prior DoD ABIS, IAFIS, Biometrics or related experience is a definite plus.
•JIRA user or administrator experience desired
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.