Investigator/ Legal Assistant
Leidos is looking for a qualified, highly motivated Investigator/ Legal Assistant to join our team. Responsibilities will include: performing a variety of tasks such as conducting factual and legal research utilizing on-line research tools, analyzing facts against statutory/regulatory requirement to determine sufficiency of a claim; drafting legal memoranda, notices and other legal documents; summarizing relevant materials for use by the government staff. All work will be performed in accordance to the Standard Operating Procedure for the office.
- Sound working knowledge of federal and state court systems, legal research procedures, and legal research resources.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills to successfully interact with clients and attorneys.
- Thorough knowledge of legal research tools such as LEXIS/NEXIS, CLEAR, Accurint, and Westlaw.
- Must be able to work effectively in an extremely pressured environment.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office 2010 or newer programs.
- Must have hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, and imaging.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in compiling, analyzing and synthesizing information.
- Excellent analytical capabilities.
- Ability to work in a fast paced legal environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Law degree from an ABA-accredited law school preferred.
- Preference for experience working in a law firm and/or Government environment.
- Familiarity with IRIS NA
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.