Release and Deployment Manager
The Veterans Health Operation is seeking a Release and Deployment Manager, contingent upon contract award. This position is expected to be remote with travel to the DC Metro area.
SECURITY REQUIREMENTS: Candidate must meet national agency check and inquiry investigation plus credit check (NACIC) or a Tier 2 / Moderate Risk background investigation requirements. Requires US citizenship or US person (green card holder).
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: The services to be provided by Leidos are related to the VA Enterprise Service Bus (VA ESB).
The Leidos Health Solutions Business Unit currently has an immediate opening for a Release and Deployment Manager / Senior Systems Integrator in support of a Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Task Order. The successful candidate will manage all aspects of the planning, designing, building, configuring and testing of all applications and services to create release packages for the delivery of, or changes to, Enterprise Messaging services using the VA ESB.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Release and Deployment Manager has the following responsibilities:
• Roll out planning including method of deployment, deployment policy and planning
• Release package design, build and configuration; establishes the final release configuration (e.g. knowledge, information, hardware, software and infrastructure)
• Release package testing to predefined acceptance criteria; establishes and reports outstanding known errors and workarounds
• Release package acceptance including business customer sign off
• Distribution and the installation of packaged software
• Verify that the various components meet task order deliverables and schedule
• Plan the release windows and cycles; maintain the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors; measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations; participate in daily Agile scrums and sprint ceremonies; report on progress.
• Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
• Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates
• Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes
• Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
• Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
• Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities; communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required
• Work with release engineers to understand impacts of branches and code merges
• Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
• Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
• Develop scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms
• Participate in meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks
• Maintain a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
• Research new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyzes their application to current configuration management needs
• Update service knowledge management system
• Coordinate the activities of the development and test environment teams
• Manage adherence to the VA and Leidos’s established policies and procedures
• Provide management reports on release progress
• Sign off the release package for implementation
• Manage the communication, preparation and training of the development and test staffs
• Audit hardware and software before and after the implementation of release package changes
• Oversee the installation of any necessary new or upgraded hardware tools used by the Leidos contractor team
• Manage storage and traceability/auditability of controlled software in both centralized and distributed systems
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
• 6-10 years of previous release, configuration management, system administration and/or project management experience
• 8-12 years of overall experience in information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development
• Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
• Strong knowledge of system and software Quality Assurance best practices and methodologies, Test Management tools, Continuous development and build tools and techniques
• Excellent written and oral communications
• Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
• Strong leadership skills including ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
• Ability to facilitate or independently research application issues
• Highly self-motivated and directed
• Possess high level of organizational skill and keen attention to detail
• General PC knowledge including Microsoft Office, expert level knowledge of Excel, working knowledge of Access
• Experience with Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) processes; specific knowledge and/or familiarity with remote management of applications / servers hosted at AITC
• Experience with IBM WebSphere Application server and the component tools within it.
• IBM Integration Bus (IIB)-certification
• Experience with VA, DoD, or other Federal enterprise messaging environments.
• Integration work in an Agile environment, using Scrum
• Experience with VA’s VIP process
• Experience using Rational tools (Rational Team Concert, Requirement and Quality Manager)
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.