Systems Integration Engineer
The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) at Leidos currently has an opening for a System Integration Engineer to work in our Annapolis Junction, Maryland office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, mission critical program.
The Systems Integration Engineer will provide full lifecycle support activities to include: requirements gathering, end-to-end system integration; racking, cabling, configuring devices, deployment of developed software, vendor firmware, COTS, and FOSS installations and updates. He/she will develop and implement strategies to maintain and improve internal functionality, enhance performance with external systems, protect critical data sets, and provide assessments of system and network vulnerabilities. The ideal candidate will have a strong system administration background and communication skills.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
The selected candidate will support Linux and Windows-based components within a large, high-performance computing system. The Systems Integration Engineer will provide substantial diagnostics and troubleshooting which involves working with System Integrators to determine system behavior errors (may be software or hardware-related), including examining and analyzing event/audit logs to identify errors and determine root causes. He/she will provide support for development and production systems, perform ad-hoc tasking which may include applying software builds, updating application versions, applying security patches, and changing configuration settings. He/she will also provide support for deployment activities, COTS software evaluation and installation, external site hardware and software installation, and resolving unplanned issues.
The Systems Integration Engineer will work with internal Team Leads as well as external organizations to determine acceptable outage windows that will minimize disruption to operational users and/or others who require system access (testers, integrators, etc.). He/she will develop and update data flow diagrams and documentation used in the deployment and management of the system. He/she will support the development of system configuration documentation, including detailed designs for risk assessments and analyses of alternatives for a variety of system-related issue
External Referral Eligible
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• Bachelor’s Degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field and 2 years of experience.
• At least 2 years of experience troubleshooting IT systems and networks
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Linux system administration experience required
• Experience deploying application software including application servers required; Firewall administration experience required
• Able to plan/prioritize tasking and be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
• Must be an independent thinker, capable of performing high quality work, both independently and with a team, in a fast-moving environment and developing system analysis, risk analysis, and/or vulnerability assessments
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• VMWare administration experience preferred
• Windows administration experience preferred
• Familiarity with complex network systems, to include firewalls, NIDS, NAT, PAT on multiple hardware architectures
• Recent hands on experience with ArcSight Security Analysis
• Past operating level system administration support to Oracle database instances a plus
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.