GIS Software Developer
Leidos is seeking a Software Developer possessing the ability to design, develop, and implement end-to-end solutions. The successful candidate will assist in the design, development, implementation and maintenance of systems, software, custom applications, and data integration solutions with a focus on both desktop and web based geospatial applications. The candidate will interact with GIS production staff and other developers from junior to senior level. Demonstrated experience working as part of an integrated development team for the creation of complex applications. An understanding of the ESRI ArcGIS suite of products is a plus.
- US Citizenship required per contract.
- 1+ years professional experience, or equivalent educational experience, in design, development, and implementation.
- Experience with databases such as SQL, MySQL and PostGreSQL.
- Understanding of application architecture best-practices.
- Knowledge of GIS technology.
- Experience with open source mapping application technologies such as, but not limited to, OpenLayers, Leaflet, Mapbox and GeoServer, a plus.
- Familiarity with source control practices and software such as GitHub and SourceTree.
- Must have the analytical and interpersonal skills to elicit and document business, functional, and technical requirements.
- Ability to troubleshoot a wide variety of technical issues.
- Ability to work as a team member in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to understand and interpret business applications and is responsible for developing applications and products to fulfill those requirements.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.