Leidos has a current job opening for Database Administrator Sr in Fairmont, WV supporting the DOD ABIS Sustainment and Services contract.
This five year program will provide operations, maintenance, software sustainment services and hardware procurement services, and associated support for all devices associated with the DoD ABIS system. These services shall focus on supporting the Warfighter needs by sustaining adequate support functions.
As the largest provider of IT services to the U.S. Government, Leidos develops and sustains large data and technology infrastructures and integrates complex IT systems for almost every branch of the U.S. Government. Leidos currently has a number of positions supporting the Department Of Defense Automated Biometric Identification System (DoD ABIS) Sustainment Services And Service Life Extension program.
DoD ABIS is an information technology system that supports identity superiority by providing the critical capability for warfighters to identify known or suspected terrorists and third country nationals in the course of military operations. DoD ABIS is the authoritative biometrics enterprise system that provides matching, sharing and storing of biometrics data. The capability can receive multi-modal biometrics submissions to include iris, face, palm and finger prints from biometrics collection devices, which will support the warfighter in making, retain, capture, or release decisions. By providing access and responding to requests the system has a direct impact on the availability of critical intelligence information that is of vital interest to DoD and other government agencies.
Implements and maintains smooth operation and physical design of databases. Reviews database design and integration of systems, provides backup recovery and makes recommendations regarding enhancements and/or improvements. Maintains security and integrity controls. Formulates policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management, and monitors transaction activity and utilization. Responsibilities include: database loading; development and management of operational procedures; environment management; database health (e.g. monitoring, proactive and reactive responses); resource planning; database upgrade planning; backup and recovery strategy planning and implementation; environment transition planning (development, test, stage, production).
•Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments. Plans and leads major technology assignments. Evaluates performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success. Functions as a technical expert across multiple project assignments. May supervise others.
• Provides all activities related to the administration of computerized databases.
• Projects long-range requirements for database administration and design in conjunction with other managers in the information systems function.
• Designs, creates, and maintains databases in a client/server environment.
• Conducts quality control and auditing of databases in a client/server environment to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data.
• Advises users on access to various client/server databases.
• Designs, implements, and maintains complex databases with respect to JCL, access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods.
•Applies knowledge and experience with database technologies, development methodologies, and front-end (e.g., COGNOS)/back-end programming languages (e.g., SQL). Performs database programming and supports systems
• Includes maintenance of database dictionaries, overall monitoring of standards and procedures, file design and storage, and integration of systems through database design.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in computer science, software engineering, information systems, a physical science, engineering or a mathematics-intensive discipline with 5-8 years of Position Relevant experience within the software development lifecycle. Bachelor's Degree requirement may be substituted with an additional six (6) years’ experience for a total of 11-14 years of relevant IT experience.
• Master’s Degree in relevant technical discipline may be substituted for four years’ of relevant experience
• Demonstrated experience with similar programs that include development and sustainment, or agile development methodology (Scrum).
• S/W Language Experience –Required: Java, Oracle, Linux (RHEL and/or CentOS); Desired: Apache Camel, JBoss, Tomcat, Spring, Puppet, Git, JMS, SOAP, REST
• US Citizenship
•Prior DoD ABIS, IAFIS, Enterprise Biometric Systems, Web Application Development Enterprise Biometric Systems, Web Application Development is a definite plus.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.