Information Systems Security Engineer
The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) at Leidos currently has an opening for an Information Systems Security Engineer to work at our Ft. Meade, Maryland location. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, mission critical program.
The selected individual will provide Information System Security Engineering support for a large software development program which includes software maintenance and development, IT support (Network/Workstation/Server), systems integration and life cycle support, enterprise application development, network engineering, and information systems security (ISS). He/she will work with other security professionals in developing and implementing strategies to detect and mitigate threats to information systems, protect critical data sets, and provide assessments of system and network vulnerabilities. He/she will analyze threats and develop and implement best practices methodologies for incident detection, reporting, and vulnerability remediation.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
• Work with development team to ensure the hardware and software architecture meets the security requirements for processing classified information.
• Work with development and integration teams to ensure that the hardware and software implementation meets the security requirements for processing classified information.
• Work with development team to provide security requirements for new capabilities being developed
• Assist with preparation and maintenance of documentation.
• Evaluate security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information.
• Propose, coordinate, implement, and enforce information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies.
• Evaluate the impact of new development on the operational security posture of the system.
• Develop and maintain documentation for C&A in accordance with ODNI and DoD policies.
• Develop and update the system security plan and other IA documentation.
• Evaluate the security of systems using various tools such as Nessus and Kali.
• Provide CM for security-relevant information system software, hardware, and firmware.
External Referral Eligible
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university and at least 6 years of experience as an Information Systems Security Engineer.
• DoD 8570 compliance with IAT Level III or higher required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with at least one of the following (preferably more): current security tools; hardware/software security implementation; communication protocols; encryption techniques/tools, web services.
• Must be committed to developing and adhering to best practices.
• Must be a solutions-oriented team player, and must possess a high level of self-initiative.
• Must be a good communicator and have excellent interpersonal skills.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• Past or current experience working as an ISSO on a government contract.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.