Database Manager - Oracle
The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) at Leidos currently has an opening for a Database Engineer to work at our Ft. Meade, Maryland location. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, mission critical program.
Job Summary and Primary Roles and Responsibilities
The selected individual must be able to efficiently investigate complex database issues and provide solutions to technical leadership. He/she must have the ability to effectively interface with database team members, software developers, customers, and senior-level management to influence program-wide decisions, efficiently investigate complex database issues, and provide solutions to technical leadership. He/she will be expected to review existing data models and provide both high-level and detailed recommendations for improvement to the data architecture. Solutions developed to support the customer's needs will be written using SQL, PL/SQL, and scripting languages. Other tasks may include data conversion, and other database-centric process improvement initiatives.
External Referral Eligible
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• Bachelor’s Degree and 10 years of related experience. Additional years of experience can be substituted for Bachelor’s Degree.
• Must have at least 8 years general experience as a Database Administrator to include experience with tasks such as data migration, data replication, user administration, backup and recovery, and general DBA tasks.
• Must have at least 5 years of Oracle Database Administration experience.
• Must have at least 5 years of experience with Linux (RHEL).
• Must have 3 years of shell scripting experience.
• Must have 3 years of experience with real time highly available data replication technologies such as Oracle Data Guard, Oracle Streams, Oracle Golden Gate, Sybase Replication Server.
• Proven top tier communication skills, both verbally and written.
• Must be an independent thinker capable of working proficiently independently as well as within a team.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related discipline.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline.
• At least 7 years of experience with Oracle Grid/RAC in a Linux environment.
• At least 7 years of Oracle Database Administration experience.
• At least 5 years of experience working with real time database replication in a production environment – Oracle Data Guard, Oracle Streams, Oracle GoldenGate, or Sybase Replication Server.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.