Cyber Security Engineer
Leidos is seeking a Cyber Security Engineer that is dedicated to increasing their experience and knowledge in Cyber Security Engineering to join a close knit developing team of Cyber Security professionals. Our ideal Cyber Security Engineer candidate will have a strong drive to apply and continually update his/her skill base . They will also have the skills to manage and aid in IT Security Strategy, Cyber Security, and Compliance and Risk Management which includes IT Security and Compliance Teams.
Responsibilities may include:
• Management of IT Security Plans which may include Mission Critical and non-Critical environments
• Incident and Risk Management
• Management of POAM, Risks and Waivers
• Perform security assessments of all changes that have an impact on overall security posture
• Understanding of basic security policies and have some knowledge of FISMA and NIST is desirable
• Knowledge of IT systems (hardware, software, networks), applications and the people that use them.
• An understanding of the array of threats and vulnerabilities that characterize the modern-day cyber-attack.
• An understanding of the roles of incident management and security/compliance auditing.
• An understanding of exploits, common vulnerabilities, common network intrusion methods, and various attack patterns and tactics
• Background in managing and using different security controls (Firewalls, IDS/HIDS, Antivirus, etc.)
• Background in digital forensics for security investigations and data retention
• Relevant certifications might include: Associate of (ISC)2 for CISSP, SANS Global Information Assurance Certification Security Essentials Certification (GSEC), CompTIA Security+.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS degree or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.