Mainframe z/VM Systems Programmer
The health products and solutions group currently has an opening for an experienced senior level mainframe z/VM administrator.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
· In-depth knowledge of z/VM Operating Systems, z Architecture (DASD, LPAR, channels, tapes, IPL process etc.), and of z/VM systems (SYSTEM CONFIG, z/VM user directory, virtual machine definitions like special/dedicated devices, minidisks etc.);
· Administration and configuration of z/VM Operating Systems;
· Provide expert level support for system and software issues;
· Installation and customization of z/VM and related IBM or other COTS software;
· Extensive experience with providing performance and tuning using monitoring tools (f. ex. z/VM Performance Monitor or other tools);
· Ability to assess system resource requirements and project system impacts to
· DIRMAINT administration - RACF administration;
· REXX knowledge - SSI knowledge;
· Ability to support network configuration and maintenance (Real TCP/IP stack, VSWITCH, TCPIP tools in z/VM, etc.);
· Backup and restore solutions;
· Solid skills in z/Linux system cloning and configuration including memory and file system allocation;
· Works independently to achieve day-to-day objectives with significant impact on operational results or project deliverables; and,
· Work with other support teams including application software and guest VM administration.
Develops technical solutions that require collaboration with internal experts, deep analyses and understanding of impact on end-product/solution.
Develops solutions to technical problems and issues that are unclear and require deep technical knowledge.
Requires excellent communications skills, both oral and written to communicate with internal and client project team members and management.
Works to design solutions and influence team members regarding solution design, process and/or approaches.
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
external referral eligible
BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.