Systems Performance & Capacity Subject Matter Expert
The health products and solutions group currently has an opening for a Mainframe Systems Performance & Capacity Administrator.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
· Serve as Subject Matter Expert Capacity and Performance Planner in the Mainframe Services Group;
· Possesses deep understanding of Capacity and Performance management best practices for z/OS, z/VM, and Linux systems;
· Ability to design and implement an end to end Capacity and Performance process which improves on existing practices to better predict impacts to performance and capacity as applications and changes are added or updated on systems through a pipeline process;
· Provide analysis and reporting for z/OS, z/VM, and Linux operating systems performance and capacity including CPU, memory, system paging, etc. and make recommendations for optimization of resources;
· Evaluate capacity, performance and usage trends by application and system;
· Recommendations of actions to be taken and ability to performing tuning actions for systems and applications resulting in optimum performance;
· Collect application capacity projections and changes to application performance expectations to determine future performance and capacity needs;
· Develop expertise in the use of the capacity and performance management tools for the z/OS, z/VM, and Linux (WAS, DB2 and MQ) environments as well as the z Architecture (DASD, LPAR, channels, tapes, IPL process, etc.);
· Works independently to achieve day-to-day objectives with significant impact on operational results and capacity / performance deliverables; and,
· Work with support teams including application software, OS and guest VM administration.
Evaluates technical solutions that require collaboration with internal experts, deep analyses and understanding of impact on end-product/solution;
Evaluates solutions to technical problems and issues that are unclear and require deep technical knowledge to determine capacity and performance impacts;
Requires excellent communications skills, both oral and written to communicate with internal and client project team members and management;
Works to design solutions and influence team members regarding solution design, process and/or approaches. May communicate with parties external to the organization (e.g., sub-contractors, vendors, etc.);
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
external referral eligible
BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.