Jr Systems Engineer -- Linux
Leidos is seeking a Jr Systems Engineer located in Bethesda, MD.
In this position, you will work on multiple facets of the training systems that we design, develop, integrate, and install at Naval sites around the nation. You will be part of the team responsible for technical planning, system hardware-software-network design, development and integration, verification and validation, and fielding Linux based training systems.
Duties of the position include performing systems requirements analysis, functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, development of Linux system images, integration, system testing, and quality assurance. You will operate within a fast-paced and dynamic environment, where you will take ownership of a variety of projects and shepherd them to their successful completion.
Leidos’ High Fidelity Simulation Business Area is responsible for architecting and implementing large-scale System of Systems solutions in support of world class simulation and training products for the U.S. Navy.
We are seeking upcoming and recent college graduates to join our team!
-Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline and less than 2 years of related experience.
-Position requires US citizenship and ability to obtain DoD interim clearance prior to starting.
A successful candidate must have a proven ability to identify, quantify, and solve complex technical problems. You must possess demonstrable expertise in the Linux operating system (the majority of our products run on Enterprise Linux, either RHEL or CentOS) or Network engineering (specifically focused on Cisco products).
- Deep understanding of Linux concepts
- Understanding of Linux kernel and operating system initialization
- Fluent using the Linux CLI
- Understanding of high availability systems
- Solid technical writing skills
- Ability to multi-task across projects
- Team player
- COTS hardware design and build, knowledge of latest CPU, memory, video trends and products
- Cisco Network design, configuration, and troubleshooting
- Detailed knowledge of BIOS and UEFI
- Reverse engineering skills on Linux systems (OS and software/scripts)
- Detailed Linux operating systems knowledge (build, configure, boot)
- Red Hat Package Manager skills
- Server provisioning via Cobbler, Foreman, Spacewalk, Katello, Stacki, Maas, Razor, etc.
- Virtualization Technologies: KVM, QEMU, VMWare, Docker, puppet, Vagrant
- Cluster System design and management (currently using Cisco UCS)
- Linux Scripting, BASH and Python
- Systems software skills for such things as: power management in large-scale systems and creating system services for systems monitoring and status
- Knowledge of SONAR systems or Navy experience
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.