Senior Microsoft Exchange Engineer
The Leidos ITS Enterprise Architecture and Engineering organization is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange Engineer to join our Unified Communications team. In this role, you will report to the Director of End User Services, and have the opportunity to help shape the company’s future unified communications strategy. Major initiatives that you will help lead include the integration of the legacy IS&GS, Leidos, and subsidiary e-mail systems, Exchange 2016 upgrade, and future Office 365 considerations.
- Support the development and execution of end user / unified communications roadmaps and strategy
- Architect, deploy, and provide sustaining engineering support for the Leidos e-mail tools and infrastructure
- Act as an escalation point of contact for the Leidos infrastructure operations and support organizations
- Develop concise and accurate engineering documentation including design artifacts, knowledge guides, and operating procedures
- Interact with sister organizations including Corporate Information Security, Data Center, Operations, and Health management teams to ensure integrated solutions are fully vetted
- Bachelor's degree and 8 years of relevant experience in Information Technology field. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Extensive architecture and engineering experience managing a 30,000+ user global Microsoft Exchange environment.
- Proven experience using PowerShell or equivalent scripting tools, along with an understanding of Microsoft API’s and tool integration.
- Strong understanding of the mechanics needed to integrate Exchange with other unified communications services including Skype for Business and mobile.
- Experience deploying e-mail security gateways to control spam, malware, etc (i.e. Cisco IronPort/ESA).
- Experience with certificate management for signing e-mails with S/MIME
- Knowledge of standard engineering and support processes such as ITIL, life cycle management, and ITSM
- Ability to embrace a diverse and geographically distributed team structure
- Hands on experience with Exchange 2016
- Prior history working with government IT and/or supporting integration partners
- Project and team leadership
- Design and support of enterprise class server hardware and virtualization platforms
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.