Avaya Communications Specialist
The Civil Health Operation of Leidos is seeking an Avaya Communications Specialist, contingent upon contract award, in Baltimore, MD.
The UCS will be responsible for providing Avaya solution support for both Contiguous United States (CONUS) and Outside Contiguous United States (OCONUS) locations, containing CS1000 VoIP servers, more than 100,000+ endpoints. The successful candidate will be required to help configure and implement low-level configuration required to support client and project management team on any and all UC solutions. He/she will work with the Unified Communications Architect to ensure efficient implementation of the UC design. In addition he/she shall provide day to day support to include moves, adds, changes, and deletes (MACDs); and, system monitoring and event responses as well as Tier 1 / Tier 2 engineering support.
May be required to lead / train junior level UC administrators. Other UC support responsibilities will be required.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 11 years or more of professional experience; or 9 years of professional experience with a related Master's degree.
The successful candidates must have the below minimum skills and knowledge to meet the position requirements.
• Certification: ACSS or ACIS plus three (3) years of experience, eight (8) years of experience independently managing and supporting Avaya based solutions.
• Experience implementing and supporting complex, national, FISMA compliant, converged voice, video, presence, instant message (IM), and conference / collaboration solutions. The solutions elements should include, but not be limited to the system design of Avaya Communications Server, Avaya Messaging, and Avaya Multimedia Messaging.
• Experience with cutting over UC solutions from old TDM solutions to include configuring trunks to establish communication between TDM and VoIP systems.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in designing and leading UC solutions to support 100,000+ endpoints.
• Extensive, demonstrated experience configuring international dial plans and integrating dis-similar platforms through a multi-year transition.
• Expert level knowledge and experience with configuring and supporting unified.
• Experienced with managing customer contact solutions using Avaya Aura Call Center Elite, Aura Contact Center, Aura Experience Portal, and Aura Workflow Management.
• Extensive experience supporting voice gateways (SIP, H323, and/or MGCP communication).
• Experience troubleshooting Tier 1 / Tier 2 related UC / LAN / WAN issues.
• Knowledgeable with configuring call admission control and optimal QoS components to meet client SLAs.
• Experience supporting various models of Avaya IP Phones
Requires US Citizen or US Person (Green Card Holder) with the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.