Leidos is seeking an Environmental Geologist to join our team in either Portland, Oregon or Bothell, WA to support soil and groundwater monitoring, investigation and remediation for a portfolio of petroleum sites located in the Pacific Northwest.
Travel may vary on a weekly basis, dependent on project demand.
Other activities include:
• soil and groundwater sampling
• monitoring well installations
• remedial system operation and maintenance
• oversight of subcontractors
• creating technical work plans, reports, and scientific analyses of data resulting from field operations
• BS in Engineering, Geology or related Science with 1+ years of experience.
• Must be willing to travel overnight during the work week.
• Strong technical writing and research skills.
• Ability to work in outdoor environments during all seasons of the year.
• Good communication and problem solving skills.
• Valid Driver’s license.
• Attention to detail and ability to conduct work and record results in scientifically valid manner.
• Ability to provide oversight to subcontractors completing drilling, excavation, or other construction activities.
• Proficiency in MS Office tools (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
• 40 hour HAZWOPER training
• Basic AutoCAD
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.