SQA Lead - Remote
Systems Made Simple, a Leidos Company is looking to bring on an SQA Lead to support two software sustainment efforts for a Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) contract.
This role can be worked remote.
This position requires the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance which requires US Citizenship or US Person (Green Card).
This position will be responsible for understanding, developing, maintaining, and improving test plans, test cases, and test scripts for two software applications and will lead scripted and ad hoc testing at all stages of the software development life cycle (SDLC). Will define and implement procedures for testing the applications and reporting metrics used to determine the quality of the application.
The ideal candidate will work efficiently and diligently to lead the software testing effort on this project. Must be a motivated, self-starter who performs well under general direction. He/she should be a team leader with a commitment to quality and a drive to be a problem-solver.
The candidate must have experience with the following:
- Developing test plans, test cases, and test scripts to comply with contract requirements
- Assessing requirements and developing test cases to stress test and validate that development was successful and the application does not contain any defects
- Leading functional and regression testing and reporting results in a clear, concise manner
- Ability to clearly report defects and track them to resolution using an approved test tracking tool
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, and the ability to show initiative, good judgement, and resourcefulness
- Commitment to providing a high-level of customer service
- Ability to accept and perform related duties and responsibilities as required, and the ability to work in a collaborative environment in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a highly collaborative team
- Ability to adjust to changes in schedule, tasking, and processes
- Strong communication skills in order to interact with the customer, management, internal team, and stakeholders
- Adhering to HIPAA regulations and actively protecting PII and PHI
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with Electronic and Information Technology (EIT) Section 508 compliance
Experience in the following areas is preferred:
- Participation in requirements reviews to ensure functional requirements are testable and adequately documented
- Creating test plans and test cases from specific requirements
- Understanding of software development in an agile environment
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.