Sr Software Developer
The Leidos Health Solutions Group currently has an opening for Senior Software Developer in support of a large Veterans Affairs (VA) Department Task Order.
This position requires the ability to obtain a VA designated High-Risk Background Investigation (BI).
Leidos is supporting the Department of Veterans Affairs’ Consolidated Mail Outpatient Pharmacy sustainment and modernization. The CMOP is a network of seven (7) highly-automated production facilities which employ a mixture of robotic devices, conveyor systems, and human factors to accurately fill and ship nearly 117,000,000 prescriptions per year for healthcare beneficiaries including our nation’s Veterans and patients eligible for care through Indian Health Service (IHS).
JOB DESCRIPTION/SCOPE: The candidate will participate in a multi-disciplinary team dedicated to the sustainment and modernization of the CMOP facilities consistent with the project’s objectives listed below:
1. Maintenance: Maintenance to all software at the individual CMOP facilities used to interface with local production equipment and processes. This maintenance function involves phone and remote system support with the 7 CMOPs as well as on-site annual visits.
2. Enhancement and Integration Support: Provide software services that improve performance, controls and documentation including equipment interfaces as new equipment is introduced at the CMOPs.
3. Standardization: Develop and execute a long-term plan to provide standardization and stability to the Production Systems for all 7 CMOPs. The goals being as follows:
a. Create multiple levels of documentation to support both operational and IT usage of each of the Production Systems
b. Allow for standardized reporting based on an identical data structure
c. Create a single version of the software that can support the varying hardware setups at each site
d. Control all source code in a single repository for ease of deployment, modification and maintenance
• The candidate will be responsible for the provision of software design and development services in support of maintenance, enhancements and modernization of the CMOP facilities. The software is responsible order management, inventory control, fulfilling activities and the interfaces with the equipment on the automation floor.
• The candidate should have the ability to quickly learn new pharmaceutical production floor technologies, including, control software development tools, sensors and automatic identification equipment and process control equipment.
• The candidate should have the ability to adequately document designs, coded solutions and systems.
The candidate may:
• Be involved in analyses and the investigation of related applications engineering tasks and prepares design specifications, analysis, and recommendations.
• Ensure the compliance of customer standards; also ensures that contractual deliverables assigned are reviewed for completeness and completed on time.
• Works closely with other teams, support organizations, program and product management.
• Interact with senior management and other engineers. Interaction normally involves matters between functional and technical areas.
REQUIRED EDUCATION/SKILLS: Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technologies or equivalent and 12 years of experience ideally with 2+ years of experience in the field of industrial process automation similar to that in the CMOP. Experience developing systems in the Microsoft environment using Microsoft’s development environments in a real-time is required. Proven experience in developing and supporting large development initiatives that are similar in scope and complexity to the VA’s CMOP.
Candidate also MUST meet eligibility requirements for obtaining High-Risk Background Investigation (BI) security clearance.
Requires experience with:
• .NET Framework 4.3 (greater)
• Solid experience and skills designing and implementing object-oriented software solutions with an emphasis on industry best practices and design patterns C# (WCF, Web Services, MVC)
• Visual Studio 2015
• Windows Development
• Web Application Development
Desired experience with:
• SQL and Stored Procedures
• Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
• Mid-Tier Application Servers (IIS 7.0)
• Web Services (SOAP / REST)
• Object Oriented Analysis and Design
• Agile Methodologies
• Test Driven Development
DESIRED SKILLS: Understanding or experience of software development and integration processes in Windows based environments. Strong C++, C#, and communication messaging; experience with Microsoft development environments. Experience working in pharmacy fulfillment and automation environments a plus.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.