Sr Business Developer- Civil Health
The Leidos Business Development group supporting the Leidos Civil Health operating unit is hiring a Sr Business Developer in Baltimore, MD. This is a new role responsible for business development and revenue growth for our SSA associated divisions.
- Build, maintain, and manage a pipeline of leads and prospective partners, channels and clients in the SSA market, focused on solutions related to custom software development, business process engineering, big data, and modernization.
- Shape opportunities in pipeline to favor both the client’s needs and our position on the opportunity
- Contribute to the advancement of the go to market strategy to include the development of the BD team
- Lead the activities to close the most important contracts and partnerships
- Support operability strategy in terms of marketing, conference attendance, and competitive intelligence
- Extensive analysis of prospective clients and partners, in order to establish and refine the sales and retention strategy
- Introduce team members to new clients and assist in the new client integration process
- Lead response to Requests for Information (RFIs) and Requests for Proposals (RFP's) - Maintain current knowledge of services as well as agency business problems and opportunity forecasts
- Effectively communicate strategies and mission to the marketplace – to include business and technical leaders at the director and up levels
- Meet reporting needs of management and business partners
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or 4 years of additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree
• 15 years total combined technical and sales experience and/or a minimum of 4 years specifically selling to FDA and related institutes/operating divisions. Must have a verifiable professional contacts list within these agencies and/or sales to the agencies.
• Track record of exceeding quantifiable goals through the execution of an assigned strategy and action plan and quota
• Decision maker and influencer contacts across the target agencies
• In-depth healthcare knowledge, understands important trends and technologies relevant to the assigned agencies
• Demonstrates knowledge of competitor strengths, weaknesses and strategies
• Proficiency and experience in strategic business analysis and identification of new business opportunities
• Familiarity with government contacting vehicles
• Ability to build and maintain strong relationships including prospect and producer relationships as well as internal relationships
• Ability to work well in cross-functional teams
• Strong consultative sales skills
• Ability to close business
• Strong presentation skills
• Ability to influence and shape opportunities and negotiate complex situations
• Ability to develop effective plans for achieving business/sales goals
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
• Excellent planning and organization skills
• Complex problem solving ability
• Ability to work as part of a team but also have the personal drive to be a consistent self-starter
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.