Systems Integration and Test Engineer
Leidos Civil Transportation Solutions is seeking a college graduate (Computer/System Engineering or Mathematics degree preferred) to support the System Integration and Test Engineering domain for Terminal Flight Data Manager (TFDM).
Nationwide congestion is increasing, and the need for efficient aircraft traffic planning is critical. The TFDM program is a Federal Aviation Administration s (FAA) NextGen program based on airport surface management provides efficiencies for both the airport surface and terminal airspace by providing a new and comprehensive integrated surface traffic control and management system.
TFDM functions include: Surface Collaborative Decision making (SCDM), departure scheduler and other airport decision tools Electronic Flight Data (EFD); Enhanced Air Traffic Control Tower (ATCT) Traffic Flow Management System (TFMS) Replacement or integration of multiple systems in the National Airspace System (NAS).
TFDM will share data among: controllers, aircraft operators, and airports so they can better stage arrivals and departures and manage traffic flow within terminal airspace for greater efficiency.
Stakeholders will have a shared awareness of flights on the ground and in the air, the ability to exchange data electronically, with the goal of a continuous real-time picture of traffic volume and airport resources, making flights more efficient from gate to gate.
The candidate will be responsible for learning system architecture, design, functions and capabilities to support the integration and test of the new capabilities and enhancements.
The candidate will delve into and engage across multiple System Engineering domains (Infrastructure and Applications) with a focus on analytics, system functionality and customer satisfaction as the architecture evolves and matures over the software development lifecycle.
The successful candidate will participate in wide-ranging engineering activities: requirements analysis, solution development, verification and validation as well as deployment.
• Modernizing the air traffic control tower equipment by improving the exchange of electronic flight data and implementing electronic flight strips.
• Streamlining the schedule sequence of departures to improve efficiency on the surface.
• Optimizing the experience for the flying public, Air Traffic Control, and the airline industry by improving the collaboration and decision-making capabilities between the gate and the tower.
• The candidate must have a good academic understanding and/or exposure to system engineering practices to contribute to and/or assist with system integration, requirements engineering, operational and decision analysis, systems definition, requirements baseline control and management.
• The candidate will support system functionality change requests (CRs), program trouble reports (PTRs) and be able to support test and requirement verification & validation teams
• The candidate will also support test plan development, writing test approaches, writing success criteria and test procedures development.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS degree or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.