Job SummaryLeidos is looking for a Database Management candidate to join our AFPOA program team.
The candidate selected must have a strong IT background and an aptitude to learn quickly. The ideal candidate will be able to solve problems rapidly and will have excellent communication skills for dealing with a wide array of diverse and demanding customers. As a member of the AFPOA, the selected candidate will perform a variety of database administration tasks, such as managing modern server, SQL, LINUX, Oracle and Windows OS technologies, building and configuring power shell scripts, Windows Group Policy, Active Directory and Microsoft Systems Center.
• Collaborate with AWS for use of AWS native services such as Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage (S3) and Amazon Simple DB/RDS data bases, AWS Identity and Access Management IAM, Etc.
• Work with Architect team to deliver DevOps processes and automation and O&S capability.
• Provide efficient and reliable use of server technologies
• Ensure system security and compliance through sound process, automation and best practices.
• Effectively manage virtualization resources to maximize performance
• Knowledge and ability to identify/manage/direct/perform necessary activities to ensure integrity, reliability, security of Microsoft SQL Server (Primary) and Oracle (Secondary) database environments
• Knowledge and ability to establish/manage/direct/perform necessary testing of back-up and recovery plans to ensure RPO & RTO objectives can be met.
• Knowledge and ability to establish/manage/direct/perform necessary data storage and archiving activities and ensure processes function correctly.
• Knowledge and ability to establish and execute a database roadmap to ensure corporate database environment is current with vendor releases and/or patches.
• Excellent problem solving skills with ability to manage/direct/perform monitoring of database performance using performance monitoring tools, show plans, and/or utilities to provide fast response times to front-end users by managing database/system parameters and SQL optimization.
• Ability to identify/manage/direct/perform database maintenance to ensure database integrity and reliability.
• Ability to analyze data/systems/outages and develop and promote process improvement.
• Ability to manage/direct/perform database software/application software installation and/or upgrades to ensure successful implementations and minimize downtime.
• Monitors and manages database backups, logs, and journals; installs, maintains, and upgrades database software; restores and/or recovers data as required.
• Monitors relational databases to optimize database performance, resource use, and physical implementations of databases.
• Support installation of third-party products.
• Report findings to management for resolution.
• Provides 24- hour on-call support.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6
years of prior relevant experience.
Clearance: Active Secret required at time of hire.
Certifications at time of hire: Must have Security +
External Referral Eligible.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.