Leidos is currently looking for a Technology Management Lead in San Antonio, TX. This position is in support of the Air Force Personnel Operation Activity contract.
The selected Technology Management Lead on the AFPOA program, will be working hand-in-hand with the Chief Architect (CA), and the Program Management Leadership team to help design, engineer and migrate AFPOA system into AWS. This position involves leading systems engineering activities that support building and delivering new and innovative systems using cloud technologies.
• The Technology Management Lead, collaborates with AWS for use of AWS native services such as Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage (S3) and Amazon Simple DB/RDS data bases, AWS Identity and Access Management IAM, Etc.
• Work with Architect team and other technical members of the team to deliver DevOps processes and automation and O&S capability.
• Manages Team consisting of experienced technical professionals to design, architect and implement DevOps Architecture.
• Implements, maintains, and improves Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery AWS environments.
• Own and lead initiatives to define, design, and implement DevOps solutions which includes reference architectures, estimates, and costing.
• Acts as the subject matter expert (SME) on devOps best practices with Cloud Formation, Auto Scaling Groups, and Configuration management.
• Performs analysis best practices and emerging concepts in DevOps, Infrastructure Automation, and Enterprise Security.
• Define common business and development processes, platform and tools usage for mobile solutions.
• Review and audit of existing solution, design, and system architecture.
• Manage team of developers, engineers and information security personnel to build processes and supporting tools to integrate into operation for DevOps.
• Develop CONOPS, runbooks, and other required documentation to support O&S excellence.
• Provide CD/CI solution for AWS application hosting environments.
• Works to source, develop, and schedule training for customer tools.
• 12 Brief Customer stakeholders on processes and required interactions
• Provide assessments and lead package completion, oversee the readiness of deliveries to AFPOA.
• Be a strong contributor to the team, participating in daily meetings, and being proactive to work tasks and resolve obstacles. Qualifications:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 5+ years or prior relevant experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 2+ years of experience supervising.
Active Secret Clearance required at time of start.
Security + Certification at time of hire.
External Referral Eligible.Leidos Overview:
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.