Software Developer (junior/mid)
This position will be a key part of the Leidos team supporting human factors research at the Driving Simulator. The successful candidate will be part of a larger research team that provides critical human factors support on special projects by operating, maintaining, and as required, enhancing the Driving Simulator, in support of the human factors research. Responsibilities for the Software Developer will include providing technical assistance to the Senior Programmer(s) and Project Manager. It may also include communications and presentations to the Government concerning technical progress and results.
The responsibilities of a successful candidate may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Assist Senior Programmers in software development and modeling for scenarios in real-time simulation.
• Work closely with the customer and contracted Principal Investigators (PIs) to help design real-time scenarios to conduct research in the areas of surface transportation and human factors.
• Maintain software and hardware integrity.
• Ensure that programs run without errors during periods of data collection.
• Work with PIs to help develop work plans, write papers and reports, and assist in data collection.
• Attend team meetings on an as needed basis.
• Travel to technical conferences for outreach activities.
• Be prompt, schedule-conscious, and able to focus on the work at hand.
• Self-motivation, initiative, and ownership, making sure outstanding issues are completely addressed for the team’s success.
• Bachelors degree in software engineering and real-time simulation (Masters degree preferred).
• 2+ years full-time professional experience in software engineering, real-time development, object modeling, and simulation training and/or research.
• Communicate clearly in English, both orally and in writing.
• Knowledge and experience in in the areas of human factors and simulation research and/or training.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.