COTS and Integration Solution Architect
Leidos' Veterans Health is seeking a highly collaborative technical and business professional for the role of Solution Architect. This position is expected to be remote with roughly 25% travel.
The candidate must be a tactical and strategic leader of supporting technical and business teams in creating competitive and compelling enterprise technology solutions that will result in delivery of innovative solutions as well as expansion into new areas to support business growth. Candidate should have demonstrated expertise in IT; communications; systems architecture; engineering, and integration; along with the ability to apply this expertise across a broad portfolio of IT systems, software, and infrastructure solutions. The Solutions Architect may function as a chief engineer, a solutions strategist, or external-facing thought leader as business needs dictate.
• Assist or lead capture strategy development, including the creation and marketing of discriminating value propositions.
• Creation of innovative architectures and solutions in support of major capture efforts and business objectives within the core including proposed staffing model, business base, as well as in strategic expansion areas, while balancing these solutions against cost, schedule, function, quality, and other business considerations.
• Creation of white papers, proposals, and briefings, demonstrating the thought leadership capabilities of the organization, as well as supporting various marketing and business development efforts through customer interaction.
• Assist in further development of systems capabilities within the business.
• Support program management and business development reviews, and assist in improving performance of projects as required.
• Develop positive relationships with the clients, subcontractors, employees and other project stakeholders.
• Provide directional leadership and IT architectural expertise to SMS and sub-contractor technical teams to ensure requirements are elaborated and met as services are delivered.
• Be extremely data driven and drive/track program execution and delivery excellence based on measurable metrics by working closely with all internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to lead the architecture in design, usability, workflow, implementation, integration, deployment, optimization and management of enterprise healthcare EHR solutions (e.g. Cerner, Epic).
• Strong knowledge of system security, compliance and audit to ensure sufficient architecture of COTS solution deployment to protect the systems, data and other information assets.
• Ability to negotiate operational and administrative procedures and standards with publishers of COTS products to meet or exceed defined Service Level Agreements (SLA) for client programs.
• Leadership skills in migration methodologies and techniques to ensure successfully On Premise or Cloud-based deployment of COTS products in large regulated enterprise environments.
• Strong knowledge of XML, Web Services, and other integration methods.
• Demonstrated architecture design and implementation knowledge and experience of healthcare technologies, data models, semantic concerns, and HL7 Standards (FHIR, CDA, Knowledge Artifact Specification, etc.).
• Strong knowledge of electronic health records (EHRs), health information exchange, healthcare policy, healthcare data standards, interoperability, healthcare data and clinical systems analysis, clinical quality measures reporting, CCD, CCR, CDA, population health management, ECM, healthcare SDLC (e.g. Cerner, Epic), and other healthcare information related technology.
• Ability to coordinate interface design and implementation activities while using strong communication skills to play a key part in overall project design and implementation activities of COTS solutions.
• Ability to assess client requirements, budget, and existing technology environment and recommend COTS vendor products, and perhaps custom configurations into system and network architectures to meet customers' needs and requirements.
• Lead the architecture of user-focused applications which interact effectively across different modules and with the end user providing a scalable, reliable and available application platform.
• Ability to establish and enforce the tools, techniques, principles and best practices for enterprise application development delivery to meet business objectives for existing and new programs.
• Excellent relationship building skills while maintaining a high level of professionalism.
• The Solutions Architect will have demonstrated expertise with Federal and Commercial clients in shaping, bidding, winning, and performing on systems integration opportunities, along with in-depth experience developing and implementing complex system architectures and technologies that enable networked operations.
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel.
• Possess strong project management skills, with attention to detail.
• The successful candidate will also possess excellent interpersonal skills, strong oral and written communication skills, as well as presentation, facilitation, and team building skills.
Education and / or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education.
• 12+ years previous Information Systems and Technical experience including 5+ years of project management experience.
• Advance Technical, IT Security and Healthcare Certifications strongly preferred.
• Exposure to federal healthcare applications, platforms, standards and experience with federal healthcare systems is preferred.
• Experience with Veterans Administration (VA) operations, workflows, systems, application, etc. is HIGHLY desired.
• Understanding of system development life cycle including the Scrum framework and the Agile methodology is preferred.
• 10+ years working with technology and healthcare COTS products including various EHR applications such as AHLTA, VISTA, Cerner, Epic, Allscripts, Meditech, McKesson, or NextGen.
• Requires US Citizen or US Person (Green Card Holder) with the ability to obtain a site clearance.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.