Experienced Systems Engineer contributing to the design, build, integration, test, and delivery of the Common Systems Infrastructure (CSI) Aeronautics F-35 Reprogramming Lab, supporting the ACURL and NIRL Programs in Fort Worth, Texas, San Antonio Texas, and Fort Walton Beach, Florida.
Duties and Tasks:
o Participates in requirements analysis, requirements definition, functional analysis, performance analysis, system design, trade studies, systems integration and test (verification), and validation.
o Supports the generation of technical engineering products by using the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the system development life cycle
o Creative, innovative responsibilities requiring advanced decision-making skills
o Defines processes for technical platforms, system specifications, input/output and working parameters for hardware and/or software compatibility
o Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
o Identifies, analyzes and resolves system design weaknesses
o Contact with multiple engineering, operations, security, and sustainment work groups
o Contact with Chief Engineer (CE), Deputy Chief Engineer (DPE), and other professionals within the Engineering department
o Will require contact outside Engineering with external customers and Joint Program Office (JPO)
The selected applicant may be required to work at deployed locations, work rotating shifts, and work in excess of 40 hours per week.
External Referral Eligible
Bachelor's degree in systems engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree. Agile experience preferred.
Candidates must have a Final Transferable Secret security clearance, last Periodic Reinvestigation must be within the last five years. Candidates must be able to attain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) access and maintain a current Security + (CE) certification.
In addition to the following:
o Solid knowledge of systems engineering concepts, principles, and theories
o Solid knowledge of requirements management
o Ability to grasp and apply new information quickly and able to handle more complex assignments
o Shows initiative on assignments, exercises independent judgment and professionally executes projects with little direction
o Solid proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
o Solid written and verbal communications skills
o Ability to multi-task between the two tasks (ACURL & NIRL)
o Builds productive internal/external working relationships
o Solid skills in communicating issues, impacts, and corrective actions
o Ability to clearly recognize and report relevant to sound systems engineering design
o Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to create presentation materials for engineering, program, and contract leadership
o Demonstrated system administration skills, to include:
- Windows 7, Windows 10, and Server 2012 (administrator and general use experience)
- Network experience (e.g. domain controller and simple network configurations)
- Virtualization experience w/ VMWare, vCenter, ESXi, etc
- Setting up, configuring, and troubleshooting all aspects that make up Storage Area Network (SAN), logical unit number (LUN) and host bus adapter (HBA) Hardware
- Setting up, configuring, and troubleshooting all aspects that make up Internet Protocol (IP) Switch Fabric architecture (Routing, Fail Over, etc)
- Working knowledge of security architecture with integration into multi-layered data separation architecture
- Schedule, coordinate and perform system maintenance; scheduled upgrades/maintenance, startup and shutdown of rack components
- Schedule, coordinate and perform software maintenance; applying OS updates, antivirus/antispyware updates, and patch updates
- COTS/developed software skills
- Software Engineering background and experience
- Integration & Test experience
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.