The Leidos Integration and Logistics Center in Chesapeake, Virginia has an opening for a Quality Engineer to join our team in the Quality Assurance Department Program which provides quality assurance, control and inspection support for NAVSEA SONAR SQQ-89 A(V)15 and SPAWAR C4ISR installation programs.
• Perform QA oversight and inspections on electrical, electronic and mechanical system installation projects for DDG and CG class ships.
• Assist team lead and project manager with the installation quality assurance and quality control and prevention efforts. Conduct and support necessary test and inspections for installation projects.
• Monitor and assure the installation items identified in the contract, SOW, task orders, and installation drawings are in accordance with the applicable military, commercial, OSHA, local standards for a quality product.
• Be a quality liaison between ship force, shipyard, and NAVSEA customer personnel to prevent, resolve and correct installation quality & safety issues and discrepancies.
• Develop, prepare and review quality plans of action for each ship or shore installation projects from start to finish IAW with the NAVESA, SOW, contract requirements.
• Develop, prepare and review Test and Inspection QA workbooks and documentation for each ship or shore installation projects from start to finish IAW with the NAVESA 009-04 and 9090-310 requirements.
• Prepare Quality Control Reports for each project site from start to finish. Input and maintain the report data in the applicable inspection system data base or documented information reporting format including gathering trend data
• Knowledge of Method A, B, C, D corrective actions, determine and write effective corrective and preventive actions, and root cause analysis.
•Can establish adequate procedures and installation training methods for Multi-pin Connectors, Fiber Optics, CAT5, Electrical Cable & Cableway, Cable Pathways, Bonding/Grounding, Electrical Safety and Surface Preservation
• Performed I, V and G test and inspections on Multi-pin Connectors, Fiber Optics, CAT5, Electrical Cable & Cableways, Multi- Cable Penetrations, Electrical Equipment Power Panels, Transformers and Load Centers/Switch Boards, Bonding/Grounding, Electrical Safety and Surface Preservation
• Understand and familiar with the welding requirements for Level II visual VT and PT observations or inspections of structural welds, piping to meet NAVSEA requirements.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in the related Quality Engineering/ Assurance discipline or the equivalent 6 years work experience in Quality Engineering/Assurance and with 2 years of professional QA supervisor/team lead experience.
• Minimum 5 years of combined Quality Assurance, Quality Control and Quality Inspector experience understanding the shipyard and shipboard environment.
• Level II NDT visual VT and PT Inspector of structural welds, piping to meet NAVSEA requirements.
• OSHA 10 hour 7615 Maritime Shipyard Employment Qualified.
• Must have or be able to obtain a secret clearance or above.
• Must have or be able to possess a valid passport.
• Proficient with MS Office and strong oral and written communication.
• Experience in interfacing with the government and navy representative and personnel.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds and climb up and go down ladders.
• Shipboard/Submarine Electrical/Electronic Cable and Cableway Inspector Qualified.
• Shipboard/Submarine Electrical/Electronic Connector Fabricator or Inspector Qualified.
• Shipboard/ Submarine Fiber Optic Installer, Fabricator, or Inspector Qualified.
• Experience in Shipboard/Submarine basic wiring and inspections of electrical/electronic equipment and connection boxes.
• Experience with reading and understanding shipboard or submarine system drawings (i.e. electrical, structural, mechanical).
• Visual TEMPEST Inspector.
• SCP Ship Yard Competent Person.• NAVSEA PAINT Inspector.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.